MemberMember
(@astott000)

Posted : 11/06/2014 6:47 pm

Treating scars by 3 simple steps

- Exfoliate

- Cleanse

- Then Nourishing

Daily Mirror (Victoria Beckham):

Scarring is a problem that makes people turn to Botox, fillers, lasers, chemical peels and various other forms of cosmetic surgery. After all, it can affect a person emotionally as well as physically, leading to a lack of confidence about their looks.

But there's now much that can be done to reduce the appearance of scars, often in the sanctuary of your own bedroom.

I have over 30 years' experience as a dermatologist and a global reputation as an expert in diminishing scarring and in my view, there's far too much abuse of treatments such as Botox and fillers. Instead, we should focus on improving the skin's condition through a simple three-step approach of exfoliating, cleansing, then nourishing, to convince the tissue to repair itself.

It's the regime I recommended to Victoria Beckham to tackle her scarring and today her complexion is completely clear - yet she hasn't had a jot of Botox.

Exfoliation stimulates natural protein production in the upper layer of the dermis, increases oxygen flow and encourages enzyme protein production in the stratum cornea - the deepest layer of skin - which triggers self-repair.

Interesting, whats your views?

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2570896/The-regime-banished-Spotty-Spices-acne-scars-without-surgery.html

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/06/2014 7:11 pm

if youre talking about getting rid of acne scars like blemishes/hyperpigmentation then yes but indented scars no