Notifications
Clear all

What To Ask A Dr When At A Consultation?

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 11/06/2014 1:30 pm

Let me keep this brief and to the point. When at a consultation regarding treatments for your skin. What important questions should I the consumer be asking?

MemberMember
(@iggs)

Posted : 11/06/2014 2:23 pm

I think there are numerous things you should be asking along with what you should be telling the derm/doc as well. Tell them your current regimen(if you have one), tell them what medications if any you are on(oral/topical etc), tell them what your expectations are (keeping in mind that being realistic is important). Also tell them where your biggest problem areas are, some areas of skin, such as the chin, have been linked to hormonal activity. I would ask them, what are my options, what type of acne do I have (there are different types/causes), what have others with a similair conditon as mine had success with? If you think you are a candidate for accutane I would ask that as well, and if your doc/derm ever says anything contradiciting to what you think or feel then ask them why they think that. Remember they are just "practicing" medicine, and everyone's body/skin is different and reacts differently to stimulus/treatment. Hope that helped! Just be open, and don't be embarrased, they are there to help.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/06/2014 8:45 pm

well first come prepared and by that i mean do your own research and educated yourself so you know whatsup then ask them questions about they can do for your skin and basically question everything/ask questions

they are very friendly so yeah dont be embarass tell them your skin problems and be specific

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/07/2014 10:39 am

well first come prepared and by that i mean do your own research and educated yourself so you know whatsup then ask them questions about they can do for your skin and basically question everything/ask questions

they are very friendly so yeah dont be embarass tell them your skin problems and be specific

YES!! Do the research before you ever consult a doctor, because they will only recommend what they offer in their office.

MemberMember
(@annf)

Posted : 11/18/2014 6:38 am

There are many things to ask a doctor during the consultation. I had made a list of questions for Dr. Hugh Mclean when I met him for my first consultation before the Microdermabrasion treatment. Apart from the usual questions about the cost, time and side effects of the treatment, there are other things you should ask about. Like, how to prepare for the treatment, how the recovery be like etc. Most importantly you must educate yourself with the treatment and procedure so that you will know what to ask and understand what the doctor is saying.