Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First of all, I would like to state that this is my first post on acne.org. I would also like to explain that I am in no way an expert on the subject of acne. However, I have suffered from acne for as long as I can remember and have tried nearly every over-the-counter remedy, as well as numerous prescription remedies. I am posting this because I made myself a promise that if I ever found a product that helped my acne I would be sure to tell the world about it!

Before I talk about the products I use, I would like to explain my skin-type because everyone is different and in my search for acne relief, the posts I read didn't explain this very well. I'm a 23 year old male with oily, dull skin and enlarged pores. I would frequently get white heads, black heads, "little bumps", red pimples, etc. (you name it I probably had it). I believe that genetics plays a huge role in whether someone suffers from acne, as well as the amount of water consumption, and possibly even diet and exercise. Having said this, I refuse to give up!

The products I use are all from the Mario Badescu Skin Care line. I personally feel they have helped my acne tremendously, as well as the overall appearance of my face. I have tried everything from proactive to prescription grade skin care and everything has failed me. Everything prior to Mario Badescu has worked for about a month, then my face breaks out like never before! One great thing about this line is that it doesn't contain EXTREMELY harsh chemicals that most acne solutions do. I personally use the following products: "Acne Facial Cleanser," "Glycolic Acid Toner," and "Cellufirm Moisturizer."

I have only been using this product for a couple months and I truly hope it continues to help my acne. Oh, I am also taking "minocycline," an oral antibiotic for acne. I take one capsule a day, and have been for about 6 months. I feel while this helped only slightly with my face, the acne on my back has improved greatly. Anyway, if you cannot find a solution for your acne, give this line a try! It has worked better than anything I have tried to date, and I hope it will continue to work... Thanks for reading and goodluck!

First of all, I would like to state that this is my first post on acne.org. I would also like to explain that I am in no way an expert on the subject of acne. However, I have suffered from acne for as long as I can remember and have tried nearly every over-the-counter remedy, as well as numerous prescription remedies. I am posting this because I made myself a promise that if I ever found a product that helped my acne I would be sure to tell the world about it!

Before I talk about the products I use, I would like to explain my skin-type because everyone is different and in my search for acne relief, the posts I read didn't explain this very well. I'm a 23 year old male with oily, dull skin and enlarged pores. I would frequently get white heads, black heads, "little bumps", red pimples, etc. (you name it I probably had it). I believe that genetics plays a huge role in whether someone suffers from acne, as well as the amount of water consumption, and possibly even diet and exercise. Having said this, I refuse to give up!

The products I use are all from the Mario Badescu Skin Care line. I personally feel they have helped my acne tremendously, as well as the overall appearance of my face. I have tried everything from proactive to prescription grade skin care and everything has failed me. Everything prior to Mario Badescu has worked for about a month, then my face breaks out like never before! One great thing about this line is that it doesn't contain EXTREMELY harsh chemicals that most acne solutions do. I personally use the following products: "Acne Facial Cleanser," "Glycolic Acid Toner," and "Cellufirm Moisturizer."

I have only been using this product for a couple months and I truly hope it continues to help my acne. Oh, I am also taking "minocycline," an oral antibiotic for acne. I take one capsule a day, and have been for about 6 months. I feel while this helped only slightly with my face, the acne on my back has improved greatly. Anyway, if you cannot find a solution for your acne, give this line a try! It has worked better than anything I have tried to date, and I hope it will continue to work... Thanks for reading and goodluck!

Mario Badescu has some really good products but it wasn't able to really clear up my severe acne. I do like their moisturizers and other complimentary products, however.

I am sorry that this line failed for you Lindsey!

I should have been more clear in my original post. I do not suffer from severe acne (explosive acne). My acne, while EXTREMELY STUBBORN, is more moderate then anything. I probably would not recommend this line for those with severe acne such as Lindsey above.

Some things I am now noticing along with clearer skin include smaller appearance of pores, brighter skin, and I have even noticed that the light scarring on my cheeks are almost completely gone!! This is all most likely due to the Glycolic acid more than anything else really..

I will continue giving updates if there are those interested, and until then I have started trying a new moisturizer. Although I love the way the previous moisturizer felt, this new one, "Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin," REALLY controls my oily skin! I have tried numerous "oil control moisturizers" in the past that have actually made my skin more oily... This is the first one I have tried with success!! Although I do hate how thick it is while applying (do not panic as it thins out and feels normal after about 5 mins). Now I may not have severe acne, but I DO have severe oil control problems and this product seems to do the trick! (I mean I wake up and it looks like I just left the gym with sweat all in my hair... its bad guys...)

Anyway, I would love some feedback if anyone tries this line and I encourage you to if you have moderate acne, or oily skin with seemingly large pores (especially the glycolic acid... its a lifesaver!)

Edited by Eddingtc