Notifications
Clear all

I Need Help Getting Rid Of Comedonal Acne!

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 10/30/2014 9:18 pm

Ok so I have managed to get rid of deep painful pimples through a healthy diet and lifestyle!

All i have left is very stubborn comedonal acne. Small white bumps and blackheads. Along with hyperpigmentation.

I get them pretty much everywhere on my face except my cheeks and temples. They are the worst on my t-zone, around my mouth, and my chin. They last forever, and when i try to squeeze them out, they just come back or turn in actual pimples.

I have pretty sensitive and dry skin. All natural and organic products can tend to irritate my face.

I just started using RSVP men's skincare for about a week now, the cleanser and moisturizer, but am not seeing any of my comedonal acne fading. The moisturizer does seem to fade my hyperpigmentation though. I do exfoliate twice a week with an all natural organic scrub, but don't think this is doing anything either. How can i tell if RSVP is non-comedogenic btw?

I have read that BHAs, retinoids, and mandelic acid products are great for comedonal acne, but I am afraid to use it and waste my money because of the chances of it irritating my face. I do want to try them though, as long as they are products specifically made for sensitive/dry skin.

Anyways, could i get some tips and help on how i can get rid of my comedonal acne? Keep in mind my face is quite sensitive and prone to dryness. I do not want alcohol or any other harmful ingredients. Any product, exfoliation, supplementation or any other kind of advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks (:

P.S. I can post pictures if needed!

MemberMember
(@lisalp1)

Posted : 10/30/2014 9:29 pm

have you tried coconut oil? look it up it really worked for me!

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 10/30/2014 10:10 pm

Im in the same boat...comedones and hyperpigmintation I started on AHA+ (glycolic acid) but it did irritate my skin a little bit and bring out some itchy zits so now I am only spotting it on the red marks...It's been a week so cant really tell you how thats going

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 10/30/2014 11:02 pm

have you tried coconut oil? look it up it really worked for me!

I've also read that oils can clog your pores. I don't know if i wanna risk that. Could you give me background info on your skin type and acne type and anything else?

Im in the same boat...comedones and hyperpigmintation I started on AHA+ (glycolic acid) but it did irritate my skin a little bit and bring out some itchy zits so now I am only spotting it on the red marks...It's been a week so cant really tell you how thats going

Ok what is your skin type? Update me in the future though

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/31/2014 12:02 am

Tea tree oil.

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 10/31/2014 5:12 am

I've been using Paula's choice BHA and have noticed an improvement in my comedones. Nothing miraculous and its taken a few weeks but definitely better. I also have sensitive skin so only use the 1% gel. At first my skin was a little upset by it but this was minimal and after continued use, it was fine.

I have oily skin so use the gel but it also comes in a lotion for dry skin types.

I understand that these kinds of products can be a bit scary (I've recently bought a mandelic acid peel which I haven't got the courage to try yet!) But sometimes you just have see what works. I would suggest starting on 1% twice a week and going from there.

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 10/31/2014 12:46 pm

Tea tree oil.

Any background info or research you can give me?

I've been using Paula's choice BHA and have noticed an improvement in my comedones. Nothing miraculous and its taken a few weeks but definitely better. I also have sensitive skin so only use the 1% gel. At first my skin was a little upset by it but this was minimal and after continued use, it was fine.

I have oily skin so use the gel but it also comes in a lotion for dry skin types.

I understand that these kinds of products can be a bit scary (I've recently bought a mandelic acid peel which I haven't got the courage to try yet!) But sometimes you just have see what works. I would suggest starting on 1% twice a week and going from there.

Ive heard about this product. Seems to be pretty good and you have options. Apparently the 1% isnt nearly as strong but the 2% probably wouldnt be god for sensitive skin. I think im gonna try out the 1% lotion. It is fairly cheap too.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/31/2014 1:33 pm

Tea tree oil.

I'm sorry, but no. A quick google search will show you other people have the same experience though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_tree_oil

You can use a little, so I think it's very friendly to the skin. God am I glad I tried it.

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 10/31/2014 7:09 pm

Tea tree oil.

I'm sorry, but no. A quick google search will show you other people have the same experience though.

You can use a little, so I think it's very friendly to the skin. God am I glad I tried it.

How long have you been using it? And didnt you say you're using it that that photo machine.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/31/2014 8:42 pm

Tea tree oil.

How long have you been using it? And didnt you say you're using it that that photo machine.

Yes. We are talking two places. I think both helps. It's a drastic change in a week.

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 11/01/2014 10:08 pm

Tea tree oil.

Yes. We are talking two places. I think both helps. It's a drastic change in a week.

ok what is your routine? like how do you go about it and how many times a day? Be descriptive please. thanks!