Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brainfreze27

Dry Skin Help

Okay some I am on 60mg of solodoyn, ziana and acuzone and i an having dry skin. Whenever I put lotion on my face it moisturizes but I still have dry skin flakes. Any idea why? I have gotten to the point that if I even just splash my face a few times with warm water my skin becomes dry. I have been off the solodyn and ziana for about a week but I use the acuzone twice a day as directed. How can I deal with this dry skin? My skin is weird when I put lotion on it feels like it's on my face but its still extremely dry. I am currently using cetaphil I think it's spf 25. Idk anymore I am starting to lose hope. I think about just quitting and accepting the fact that I am probably just going to have acne forever. Might as well just get use to it. I can't even comprehed what I would look like without acne. I just have no idea what it would look like. Some days I just lay in bed and think of all the things I would do to wake up the next day and have completely clear skin...

Aczone or Acuzone? I have used Aczone (dapsone) before and I did experience drier skin. IMO, the moisturizers containing sunscreen aren't that great at moisturizing. You would be better off using a moisturizer without SPF, then apply non-comdeogenic sunscreen afterwards.

Aczone or Acuzone? I have used Aczone (dapsone) before and I did experience drier skin. IMO, the moisturizers containing sunscreen aren't that great at moisturizing. You would be better off using a moisturizer without SPF, then apply non-comdeogenic sunscreen afterwards.

Aczone and I just rechecked and the moisturizer is cetaphil spf 50. Any good moisturizers you recommend?

Aczone and I just rechecked and the moisturizer is cetaphil spf 50. Any good moisturizers you recommend?

I like Neutrogena Natural's vitamin-enriched moisturizer. Another great one is CeraVe's PM facial moisturizer.

This is how I have put a stop to my annoyingly dry & irritated skin

Daily a multivitamin once a day (make sure it contains B vitamins)

Drink plenty of water. I tend to look at the colour of my wee to see if i'm hydrated or not.

Use purechimp super body cream

Increased omega 3 in my diet. You could always use a supplement.

Purchased a humidifier for my bedroom.

This is how I have put a stop to my annoyingly dry & irritated skin

Daily a multivitamin once a day (make sure it contains B vitamins)

Drink plenty of water. I tend to look at the colour of my wee to see if i'm hydrated or not.

Use purechimp super body cream

Increased omega 3 in my diet. You could always use a supplement.

Purchased a humidifier for my bedroom.

Will that stuff make my skin oily?