Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allegra77

Do I Need To Give Up All Dairy?

Hi all,

I've given up dairy for about a month now and my skin is actually looking really good. Since I stopped using dairy I haven't had one cyst. However, I have also been using epdiuo for the past two months, so maybe that has helped as well.

My question is do you think I need to cut out dairy in everything still? I don't mind not having milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, but there are so many packaged cookies that have a tiny bit of milk in them! Do you think an amount of dairy that small even has any effect?

Thanks for the opinions

I wouldn't necessarily give up all dairy, maybe just limit the amounts of dairy you consume? I'd still stay away from ice cream and I wouldn't drink an entire gallon of milk

You could try a couple organic dairy products. Probably a lot less hormones in these. Tempted to do this myself.

There is some evidence that dairy is only a problem if you have leaky gut, which will be caused, if anything, by the wheat in those cookies. You might want to reevaluate your diet.

Thanks for the feedback, i know dairy is a problem for me because I am lactose intolerant and it really hurts my stomach. I'm just hoping the small amounts in packaged food won't affect my stomach or acne