Notifications
Clear all

I Think I Figured It Out!

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 10/16/2014 3:12 pm

I'm 35, have had cystic and regular acne since I was 15.

A few months ago my skin spontaneously cleared up like it hasn't in years, I was taking a few different supplements, but I had for years before that. I figured I was finally 'growing out of it'.

Well after about a month of beautiful skin it came back with a terrible vengeance, worse than before. For months I've nursed it and its not as bad with going back to eating a healthier, low carb diet. But I'm still getting cysts and pimples regularly.

Anyway it occurred to me that I had been taking a different supplement just before the great clear up, but it was something I had bought for my husband's stomach problems and I only took it because he wouldn't anyway and I figured maybe it'll help me with weight loss or something when I did decide to eat carbs.

It was a meijer brand supplement, called super zymes. It has betaine HCI, ox bile, and several other digestive enzymes in it. It says to take it after a meal, but I always took it beforehand anyway.

It took me awhile to connect it because when I ran out the acne didn't come back for a few weeks so I just didn't think of it.

Starting back on them today, super excited! Plus they are on sale right now for only $7 a bottle! Score! I bought 3.

I'll update in a week or 2 😉

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/16/2014 3:15 pm

I'm 35, have had cystic and regular acne since I was 15.

A few months ago my skin spontaneously cleared up like it hasn't in years, I was taking a few different supplements, but I had for years before that. I figured I was finally 'growing out of it'.

Well after about a month of beautiful skin it came back with a terrible vengeance, worse than before. For months I've nursed it and its not as bad with going back to eating a healthier, low carb diet. But I'm still getting cysts and pimples regularly.

Anyway it occurred to me that I had been taking a different supplement just before the great clear up, but it was something I had bought for my husband's stomach problems and I only took it because he wouldn't anyway and I figured maybe it'll help me with weight loss or something when I did decide to eat carbs.

It was a meijer brand supplement, called super zymes. It has betaine HCI, ox bile, and several other digestive enzymes in it. It says to take it after a meal, but I always took it beforehand anyway.

It took me awhile to connect it because when I ran out the acne didn't come back for a few weeks so I just didn't think of it.

Starting back on them today, super excited! Plus they are on sale right now for only $7 a bottle! Score! I bought 3.

I'll update in a week or 2 😉

Aha...some people have the same problem. So you seem to have issues with stomach acid and the food you eat isn't digested properly. HCl and digestive enzymes help with that.

Let us know if you clear up again 🙂

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 10/29/2014 2:08 pm

Well it's been 2 weeks and I haven't had any new acne! That's pretty unheard of for me. I do still have 3 under the skin bumps that are big and usually hang out a month or 4, but I've actually been able to speed up their shrinking with some tips from ppl on here.

I don't really know which supplement is helping so I'm afraid to quit any, but I do think it's the digestive enzymes. The reason for that being is that I was remembering that a few of the ppl in my family have had gallbladder issues and had to have them removed. And those same ppl also had acne.

The other supplements I've been taking are D3, chromium, and for the last week I added DIM