Notifications
Clear all

Liquid Latex For Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 10/14/2014 10:49 pm

i just bought some liquid latex to cover a scarred area it does the job well but doesnt matter how i do it ,it ends up looking really obvious that i have something there (i mean when i put foundation you can see where it starts and ends

pls help me if there is good way to apply it

thanks

MemberMember
(@1nov)

Posted : 10/14/2014 10:53 pm

try using a primer before the foundation

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 10/14/2014 11:45 pm

well but primer doesnt cover my acne scars at all

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 10/15/2014 12:30 am

I used to use duo eyelash glue (translucent) which is diluted latex for my scars. I applied one thin layer at a time, quickly blended the edges...and then lightly airbrushed over it. It covered my scars about 80%.I've used actual liquid latex before and could ever get it to look natural. It was too opaque which ruined the illusion of scar cover up.

I use Dermaflage now which I like better, it comes with a human skin texture pad which is what makes the product look like skin. I've tried using the texture pad with the eye lash glue and it actually a decent job but you have to do at least two layers for it to cover the scar. Dermaflage is more convenient to use in my opinion...but if you dont want to shell out he money look on Ebay for someone selling the texture pad and try using that with the liquid latex or even better, eye lash glue. It works best for deeper, contoured scarring than shallow scars.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 10/15/2014 10:27 am

hmm the thing is we have a cosmetic law in my country so its not possible me to order something like dermaflage how did you make the liquid latex work and what is air brushing thankss

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 10/16/2014 1:00 am

Oh I see, well liquid latex is much thicker than eye lash glue which makes it harder to work with. It's stickier, takes forever to dry and is opaque and difficult to blend. I don't like it at all. Eye lash glue on the other hand has a thin consistency since it's diluted, is very easy to blend and looks more natural. Are you able to get your hands on DUO eye lash glue? I haven't tried other brands but that one works well for me. The other option is to try and dilute your liquid latex to make it thinner and easier to work with.

I'm not sure the specifics of the cosmetic law you're talking about, but there is someone on Ebay selling just the skin texture pad with the tools and not the actual Dermaflage scar product. I would think you'd be able to purchase it since it's not a makeup product itself.

As far as the airbrush makeup goes, you can just use a little bit of translucent powder or a mineral makeup...VERY lightly dust over the area to make it look a little more natural. There's a learning curve to doing it just right, but it's possible.

hmm the thing is we have a cosmetic law in my country so its not possible me to order something like dermaflage how did you make the liquid latex work and what is air brushing thankss

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 10/16/2014 12:54 pm

hmm interesting

because my liquid latex dries really fast thats why its realy hard to work with i am using kryolan liquid latex by the way first it comes white but as it dries (like in 10 seconds or so) it turns clear

anyway which one is the product you were mensioning about

2014-Hot-Free-Shipping-1PCS-font-b-DUO-b

oh and one more thing is this texture pad really important or can i use something else

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 10/16/2014 9:08 pm

Woah, wait, what??

I know about dermaflage. Ordered some, but got frustrated with it. The color match wasn't great, never managed to get it to look right. I ended up being MORE self conscious about my scars, bcs it looked like there was something in them.

Eyelash glue, huh?

How do you apply it? And can you wear makeup over it?

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 10/17/2014 1:58 am

You want to get the clear-white one. The texture pad is essential because it makes it looks like human skin...otherwise it looks unnatural. I would order the texture pad first, try it with the latex and if it doesnt work that way, try the eyelash glue with it instead. You need to gently tap the texture pad over the latex/eye glue when it's 90% dry and leave it there for about 30 seconds and VERY slowly take it off.

Yes, you can wear makeup over it..but it needs to be translucent or it ruins the illusion of a scar cover up. Airbrush makeup works well and so does mineral makeup. Liquid and cream foundations don't work at all. Dermaflage is great if you have deep rolling scars or jagged boxcars scars, but depending on where they are on the face they can look unnatural when you smile or talk. I use it on my deepest scar on my cheek and don't have a problem with it. If you are attempting to cover several scars or scars that are shallow it definitely won't look good.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 10/17/2014 1:54 pm

hmm how can i can cover some shallolow scars then any ideas