Notifications
Clear all

Dianette For Acne

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 09/29/2014 1:14 pm

Hello guys! Really hoping for some help on here of someone whos used Dianette for acne treatment :)

Firstly, heres a little background story. Started to get mild acne when I was 16, so went straight to the docs and put on Yasmin. Worked amazingly for 2/3 years up till I was about 19 and had good skin throughout. However, at 19, my skin absolutely exploded with sore, scar causing acne. I was so confused as I was still taking my Yasmin religiously however the docs informed me that your hormones do go through a change at this age and the hormones in Yasmin were no longer good for my skin.

Doc straight away wanted to switch me over to Dianette- but I resisted for a while due to horror stories online (silly I know). I went through Lymecycline, Zineryt lotion, Differin, and all that stuff without any different. The Zineryt calmed my hormonal acne for a while but the dry skin and redness seemed to be just as bad. It's been 5 months in total now with the horrible acne and i'm finding it very difficult to be patient! It's taken over my whole summer, i haven't left the house a whole lot due to being so self concious.

I went to see a private dermatologist a few months ago and between myself, the derm and the docs we all decided Dianette would be the best option to get me back to normal. I'm about to finish my second month on Dianette, and have had some definite improvement. However, my forehead is now breaking out which is usually my clear area?! I had a week after my last week break where my skin was behaving beautifully- I was able to go out the house and do stuff but it soon exploded again a few days after. I found it so upsetting and disappointing!

Nevertheless, i'm basically just looking for a bit of encouragement with the Dianette from someone who's used the pill successfully. Friends and family are very supportive however it's not quite the same when they haven't been through it! I'm hoping for great results because Yasmin worked really well for me at first. I've seen a lot online that month 3 is when things really start to settle down so i'm trying to be optimistic :) thank you!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 09/30/2014 6:03 am

Would love to hear from someone whos been on Dianette/ is on Dianette/ is thinking of going on!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 09/30/2014 10:14 am

Today I am taking my last pill of packet number 2. Had a horrible forehead breakout which seems to have settled back down and cleared up. However, 4 new spots on my lower cheeks/lip area. Tomorrow the second 7 day break starts. Apprehensive but intrigued to see what will happen to my skin during this time.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/01/2014 8:41 am

First day not taking my pill today in month 2. Skin looks terrible, 4 huge spots either side of my face and smaller ones all round. So desperate for this medication to kick in soon! :(

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 10/01/2014 10:40 pm

Hang in there. Dianette has worked very well for me. However, I do know it takes a while before the full effects set in. I would agree with the stories that once you're on it, it is hard to ever get off it, but while you're on it, it's lovely.

:)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/03/2014 3:35 pm

Ah- thanks so much for your reply :) trying to hard to be patient but it's really getting me down. Spending so much time in the house waiting for it to settle down!

Hopefully soon it will clear :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/03/2014 3:58 pm

Hang in there. Dianette has worked very well for me. However, I do know it takes a while before the full effects set in. I would agree with the stories that once you're on it, it is hard to ever get off it, but while you're on it, it's lovely.

:)

Ah- thanks so much for your reply :) trying to hard to be patient but it's really getting me down. Spending so much time in the house waiting for it to settle down!

Hopefully soon it will clear :)