Notifications
Clear all

Missing Doses

MemberMember
(@k-lilive-com)

Posted : 09/23/2014 4:18 pm

I've tried looking for answers to this but the responses have been pretty varied - some people say missing up to a week won't mess anything up, while other comments have been like "miss two days and you're fucked".

I'm currently a few days shy of 4 complete months into Accutane - September 26th will mark the beginning of month 5. I'm 95lbs, female and on 40mg/day. I'm on my last pill today, and I've scheduled to see my derm next Monday, so I'm going to be missing almost a week of Accutane. The last time I saw my derm he said my course would be 4-6 months, so depending on how the next appointment goes, I may be done with Accutane already, but in case I'm continuing, would missing a week of medication affect me in any way?

My acne has gone pretty much completely at this point and aside from the scars, I seem to have "normal people skin" now, but personally I would prefer taking at least another month of Accutane - my acne had been quite stubborn and persistent prior to Accutane so I don't feel comfortable only doing a 4 month course, as I hear there's a higher chance of the acne coming back on a shorter course.

But yeah, main question: how bad would missing a week of medication mess up my course at this point?

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 09/23/2014 4:24 pm

After ending the treatment,Accutane stays on your body for 1 to 4 months.

It won't ruin your course if u don't take it for a week.

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 09/23/2014 6:05 pm

There is no reason to think it would cause any issues, although Accutane does not stay in your system for months, that is a myth.