Notifications
Clear all

Should I Stop Mynocycline Or Keep Going ?

MemberMember
(@lexisjr18)

Posted : 09/14/2014 8:09 pm

Basically I've taken these minocucline pills three times the first two times for about two weeks due to bad side affects (headaches, dizzy ness && random panic attacks. This is my third course and I'm desperate for clear skin because I'm getting married soon my Dr prescribed mino & epiduo & its Ben 4 days and the side affects are back should I stop taking the pills or keep going will these side affects go away I feel the prescribtions never worked because I always stop after two weeks.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekillerz)

Posted : 09/18/2014 4:52 am

I would have him switch you right away to a different class of antibiotics. duricef 2 500 mg will work much better without the side affects.if your dr. Is averse to prescribing broad spectrum antibiotics then see about augmentin.dont accept a precription for any macrolides as erythromycin and the others are weak and cause enough of their own side efects.good luck

MemberMember
(@fazedout)

Posted : 09/18/2014 8:58 am

I also get bad side effects from mino, I've had really bad joint pain and pains in my chest, I was also getting really bad anxiety about the pains in my chest, I'm not sure if the anxiety was due to the mino or not. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to take mino anymore as it is the only thing that really seems to clear my skin up. I don't think the side effects will go away, I was on them for more than a month and they showed no signs of going away. I recommend going back to the GP and talking about alternative treatments such as other antibiotics, birth control, spiron etc.

MemberMember
(@yerrrrrrrp)

Posted : 09/23/2014 9:31 pm

Just stop taking it.. I seriously took it for 3 years straight. Never fully worked..

MemberMember
(@goldn)

Posted : 11/06/2014 12:20 am

Tbh I tried both Cephalexin and Minocycline and I really liked Cephalexin, it was less damaging to my system..

My first round on Minocycline was bad, but I think that's because I took it right after waking up on an empty stomach. Definitely try it with food and tons of water, maybe at an hour when your system isn't so vulnerable (unless you've already been doing that). I've also found that Mino takes a while to clear me up, around a month or so.

I'm on it again for the..fourth time? And I haven't noticed too bad side effects. Just watch your bowel movements..that can get ugly, and stay that way if you're not careful.

Side effects truly vary from person to person, you have to decide for yourself if it gets too bad. I'd say wait it out for a month, but it's up to you.

MemberMember
(@majorpackerfan)

Posted : 11/07/2014 12:38 am

TAKE PROBIOTICS. Any antibiotic will cause side effects because they kill the good bacteria. Put the Good ones back in by taking Probiotics (20 billion organisms) twice a day 4 hours after Mino. Will help a good deal with side effects.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 11/09/2014 6:39 am

I vote to stop. I took it for 2 months straight and now suddenly started to get abdominal discomfort. It has been 4 weeks since I stopped and while it has gotten better, it's still there.

scared of any long term damage atm