Notifications
Clear all

Treating Acne Redness And Scarring With Current Acne.

MemberMember
(@bowiefanoo)

Posted : 09/11/2014 4:46 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a male and have had acne since being around 16. I'm now 22 and my acne, knock on wood, has improved but I am left with very visible red markings and shallow scarring. It's almost as if every spot that pops up never goes again. My face is full of red markings that simply do not disappear.

I'm a very pale person by nature and rarely tan regardless of the weather (being in the UK doesn't help) so my pale skin with a canvas of red markings tends to look terrible, especially under certain light. If I look in the mirror of my car for example it really knocks my confidence due how to terrible my skin looks.

I haven't used any acne treatment for several years. None of it every really seemed to work for me and I simply stopped trying. Every morning I use a freederm face wash which makes my face quite dry and tight but does seem to help my acne in general.

I still get breakouts every week or so here and there but compared to how my skin used to be it's now much better. If it wasn't for these red marks my skin wouldn't look that bad at all.

I've considered sunbeds but am not sure if this would help or not. I'm looking for help finding a treatment or regime that could help fade these red markings whilst hopefully not breaking me out either.

I also have several tiny black heads on my nose and those have been there for years lol.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'll get some photos up later on today.

Thank you in advance for any help.

acne_face_2.jpg

acne_face.jpg

acne_nose.jpg

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 09/11/2014 8:08 am

turmeric honey mask (very effective, daily use), clay masks, anti inflammatory diet, lots of omega 3, lots of water, if you tolerate it : yoghurt mask (goats milk, organic is best), baking soda mask, sauna, skin brushing with special face brush (very effective), intermittent fasting, detox, probiotics, enzymes, esp. serrapepptase!

MemberMember
(@hallodaar)

Posted : 09/11/2014 1:04 pm

In for replies.. I have the same problem.

MemberMember
(@bowiefanoo)

Posted : 09/12/2014 9:55 am

turmeric honey mask (very effective, daily use), clay masks, anti inflammatory diet, lots of omega 3, lots of water, if you tolerate it : yoghurt mask (goats milk, organic is best), baking soda mask, sauna, skin brushing with special face brush (very effective), intermittent fasting, detox, probiotics, enzymes, esp. serrapepptase!

Thank you,, so do all of these things work towards healing or bringing down redness and possibly scarring?

Is there one in particular that you recommend?

I eat an extremely healthy diet. No gluten or dairy and no refined sugar.

MemberMember
(@bowiefanoo)

Posted : 09/16/2014 4:20 pm

Any ideas anyone, does a sunbed seem a good idea for scarring and redness?

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 09/17/2014 5:09 pm

Yes, this work all, but I think you have to do them all together to gain some benefit. Just make it a priority to heal your face and do this ALL every week. My experience is very very promising. Just keep going. It may take months or even a year, but you will do it. I saw immediate effect.

Do some reasearch. In fact, research every minute possible. Make it a mission to heal your body.

Sunbed is BAD.

MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 09/17/2014 5:40 pm

I have a question about Accutane. Many are recommending using Accutane to help with their indented, pitted, boxcar or rolling scars on realself.com. Has anyone noticed it helping to fill in your scars? Not talking about pigment or dark spots, just indented scars. A lot want to try it but so far I haven't read anyone saying it filled in their scars. If you've been on Accutane and noticed a difference could you please let us know.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 09/19/2014 2:01 pm

Accutane is crap.