Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KOPUNCH

My Cure..14 Yr Battle

Battled with my skin on my face for years. I'm 30 yr old male, it started when I was 16. Some weeks were ok some were horrible, well lots were horrible. I tried everything under the sun, accutane helped a bit but not long term and not worth the other side effects, the cycline antibiotics were useless, proactiv and the regimen did help a bit, but there were times nothing would help. Liver flushes, fasts, no carb diets, you name it! Well my skin got really bad around the time I got sick, some sort of blood infection, I ended up in the hospital and the emergency dr noticed folliculitis and started me on an iv of antibiotic fluids, after I left the hospital I was put on sulfatrim ds (bactrim ds, septra ds) it improved from day 1, and I started washing with dexidin (hibiclens) twice a day. I'm sure it was always some sort of bacterial folliculitis or staph because it didn't ever respond to acne treatment , but I sure thought it was acne. It's been 6 months and I've had maybe 2-3 bumps tops, and they came and went very quick. None in the last few months. For me it was the septra ds and washing with hibiclens twice daily , get tested to see if it's staph bacteria inside your zits, cuz pimple cream won't help.