Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crumam

Betaine Hcl Question

I have been taking betaine hcl for about a year for low stomach acid issues. While it has helped with that tremendously (i used standard process brand), A few days ago I started using source naturals because it is easier to get. but realized that the type I now use (source naturals) contains dairy. Should I find a betaine hcl that does not contain any dairy? The standard process also contained lactose, or milk, and I didn't really notice adverse affects. I know dairy is a major cause of acne, but I drink skim milk on my cereal daily, and dairy here and there and haven't realized a correlation, but I don't have dairy too often to really know. I ordered Now Food's betaine hcl with pepsin because its dairy free, but I need to take the betaine hcl until it arrives, probably on monday or tuesday. I am finally getting better acne wise and I don't want to backslide. does anyone else take betaine hcl and does the type you use contain dairy/lactose? Has it caused more acne?