Notifications
Clear all

Seeing Dermatologist Tomorrow

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 09/05/2014 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,

My acne has got slightly worse recently (it's not severe, but I getting regular outbreaks and some are deeper). Seeing dermatologist tomorrow about my acne outbreaks and also my vitiligo.

Hoping I'll find some solutions to fully stop my acne and creams for my vitiligo.

Wondering if he'll offer antibiotics, doubt he'd offer accutane, but if he did I'd consider it, i've had it before..

Any advice before I go (in a 10 hours)?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 09/05/2014 6:25 pm

I'll take up the antibiotic choice if it's offered. My flare up's have reduced dramatically since taking them and I'm only 3 weeks into the course and my skin looks much better. Now to take on the hyper-pigmentation.

If you want accutane - prepare a list of questions you can fire at the dermo so u're prepared.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 09/06/2014 4:12 pm

Hi, just thought id drop an update. I've been to the dermatologist and was impressed with him. He offered antibiotics as expected. These will last 4 months or more and gave me a simple regim to use, cream applied at night, moistriser in the morning. Then we'll review if I could benefit from accutane or perhaps my spots will be fine then.

He asked if I'd take accutane and I said yes I probably would as I've taken it before. Side effects of it are moderate but worth it imo.

Thanks