Notifications
Clear all

Question About Accutane

MemberMember
(@tannerdrummer)

Posted : 09/03/2014 2:18 pm

I would post this in "prescription drug" section but I never get any replies...

I've been on accutane for 25 days. That came after a ton, and I mean a ton of debate if I should do it or not. I was very nervous about doing it but decided to go ahead and take it.

In the past few days my back muscles starting hurting while only working out to the point where it's hard. That's not the main problem.

I've felt insanely hyper. To the point of having the urge to scream. Making me feel....insane. I've never had insomnia, but the past few nights I lay in bed for 3 hours before I finally fall asleep and then toss and turn all night. I feel just generally weird.

My problem is, i need something to cure my acne, but idk if I've developed an anxiety toward accutane causing placebo effects, or if the accutane is actually causing those problems. I'm very torn on what to do.

MemberMember
(@kenneth1991sg)

Posted : 09/03/2014 11:18 pm

Get a checkup at the dermatologist if your really concerned. Im guessing you self prescribed the accutane, so you didn't do a liver function test, which is important so that you know your liver is not taking a beating. Not the type of beating that you can endure and recover from, the kind like cirrhosis that's irreversible. Accutane also may affect you psychologically, a dermatologist would be able to make a better diagnosis taking a look at you with their experience on these kind of uncommon cases.

Should you belive me?

I did Accutane for 6 months and cleared from mild to a zit every 2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@tannerdrummer)

Posted : 09/04/2014 11:05 am

Get a checkup at the dermatologist if your really concerned. Im guessing you self prescribed the accutane, so you didn't do a liver function test, which is important so that you know your liver is not taking a beating. Not the type of beating that you can endure and recover from, the kind like cirrhosis that's irreversible. Accutane also may affect you psychologically, a dermatologist would be able to make a better diagnosis taking a look at you with their experience on these kind of uncommon cases.

Should you belive me?

How can you self prescribe yourself? I had to get blood tested before taking it like anyone else. I went to him concerned about the back pain a week ago and he didn't seem concerned.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 09/04/2014 2:59 pm

Back pain on accutane is very normal. I had it my entire course. 7 months.

MemberMember
(@guzzi33)

Posted : 09/04/2014 11:19 pm

What dose are you on? The dose may be too high too soon.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/05/2014 3:07 pm

Usually accutane causes depressive symptoms and makes people more titer. It's possible that you're experiencing the opposite effect due to the drug but it's also possible that it's psychosomatic.

MemberMember
(@kenneth1991sg)

Posted : 09/07/2014 2:34 am

Should you belive me?

How can you self prescribe yourself? I had to get blood tested before taking it like anyone else. I went to him concerned about the back pain a week ago and he didn't seem concerned.

In some countries, accutane can be obtained over the counter at pharmacies without prescription and tests. Sorry that I guessed wrong. But back pain that's not severe is a common symptom, and I remember my derm making me sign a form ( saying that I may experience a list of symptoms, and if i do decide to continue, they will not take responsibility for damage done ). They don't know in detail what accutane may do to you in terms of side effects, but ultimately, it's up to you to continue or not, which is the choice and risk you have already decided on and to make

But I would add to take care, if you can't go on then discontinue the accutane.

MemberMember
(@lyannastark)

Posted : 09/07/2014 7:17 am

I had back pain on Roaccutane. I also had the 'weird' feelings.

I thought maybe it'd change me forever (after getting paranoid from reading articles on the internet) but safe to say, i completed my treatment over a month ago and feel perfectly normal and sane again. Feeling exactly how I was before i took the treatment - minus the pimples.

I guess as others said, it's up to you if you want to continue, or discuss woth your derma whether to lower your dosage.

Just try to have someone to talk to about your feelings, and remember that it's not you going insane, but the drugs that are doing it to you! :)

MemberMember
(@qulyn)

Posted : 09/11/2014 6:27 am

My dermatologist prescrips acctunne 20 my every day

Its sigh effects are not run , should i take more vit C, E and L-cystine to reduce sign effect ? Help me, thanks