Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline + Biacna Combination - Successful For Anyone?

MemberMember
(@zmsquared)

Posted : 08/29/2014 4:08 pm

My family doctor currently has me on a combination of Bianca (Ziana) and Minocycline for the moderate acne that taken refuge on my forehead and I was wondering if anyone has actually found this combination to be successful?

I have been instructed to take a 1-year course of the minocycline and to pursue the Biacna until I see any results but it seems one month has already passed by and my skin is just deteriorating. My forehead (the area which the acne is localized) seems to be getting extremely oily and now has acne scars along side the acne itself (basically a disaster). I just need some hope that it is worth continuing on with this stuff.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/29/2014 9:16 pm

Generally you want to give any treatment you are using 3 months to really be able and judge if the treatment is working for you.

A year on minocycline should help clear things up. Although antibiotics are just a bandaid for your acne. Once you are off the antibiotic or your body become resistant to the antibiotic which will happen. Acne tends to return. I recommend using the Biacna daily and once your acne is clear for a month or two get off the antibiotic and see if you can keep it clear with the topical. If you can keep it clear that is great. If not I'd start the antibiotic again and get a new topical. Something like epiduo is a good topical that people have a lot of success with. Repeat the same process with this topical until you find a topical that can keep your skin clear. You do not want to be on antibiotics for that long if you can avoid it, it wrecks havoc with your body.

MemberMember
(@zmsquared)

Posted : 09/01/2014 7:32 pm

Generally you want to give any treatment you are using 3 months to really be able and judge if the treatment is working for you.

A year on minocycline should help clear things up. Although antibiotics are just a bandaid for your acne. Once you are off the antibiotic or your body become resistant to the antibiotic which will happen. Acne tends to return. I recommend using the Biacna daily and once your acne is clear for a month or two get off the antibiotic and see if you can keep it clear with the topical. If you can keep it clear that is great. If not I'd start the antibiotic again and get a new topical. Something like epiduo is a good topical that people have a lot of success with. Repeat the same process with this topical until you find a topical that can keep your skin clear. You do not want to be on antibiotics for that long if you can avoid it, it wrecks havoc with your body.

I have subclinical acne and I'd really like to just give the whole natural process a try because I'm worried all the medications might just be aggravating it more. Is subclinical acne something that does better off with antibiotics/topical ointments or tends to go away on its own?