Notifications
Clear all

My Scars After Accutane Treatment

MemberMember
(@bella1989)

Posted : 08/28/2014 9:19 am

Hello,

I made this topic because I need some help.After I have been acre from 15 years now I am 25, finally I found accutane and it gone. Now I have deep scars on my face and need to avoid it.

How do you think how deep it is? And how long time it need to be clear?

People who has an experience please advice me which type of treatment will be more effective?

Thank You

sbo01.jpg

q2vi0.jpg

5hxxw.jpg

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/28/2014 5:11 pm

I would recommend making a appointment with a dermatologist with lots of experience with laser treatments. Looks like you have a couple different scar types happening. Some of those scars look pretty shallow so you might have success with chemical peels as well.

MemberMember
(@bella1989)

Posted : 08/29/2014 2:23 pm

Like Moonlight

Hello, thank you so much for your answer. Unfortunately in my Country is very difficult to find a good dermatologist, but I will try.

How do you think, how much time it need after accutane to begin peels?

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 08/29/2014 4:06 pm

Hello bella,

When did you finish your accutane course? I finished my course like 3,5 months ago and still have red marks / scars left. Personally I will wait 6 months post- accutane before doing anything, to see how my face is like in 6 months post-accutane.

So far my red marks has faded quite a lot since i stopped taking accutane. My advice would be to have patience and wait a bit. I know scars won't heal in 1 day or 1 week, but wait 4-6 months and see.

If your scars has not got better my advice would be to go to a derm as moonlight also said.

After all this I just want to tell you that you are as what I can see a very beautiful girl, have a great afternoon. If you ever want to speak to me or need any other advice feel free to pm me :)

Hugs

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/29/2014 5:39 pm

Like Moonlight

Hello, thank you so much for your answer. Unfortunately in my Country is very difficult to find a good dermatologist, but I will try.

How do you think, how much time it need after accutane to begin peels?

Do your research and hopefully you will come across a dermatologist that has experience with lasers. Make sure you look at some before and after photos of that dermatologists patients. Make sure it that dermatologists patients rather than results from the practice in general. You want to make sure your dermatologist is capable of good results.

The general rule of thumb is to wait 6 months at a minimum for begin chemical peels and annoy type of laser treatments. I would not try and do anything major like this before hand. Also really read up on the chemical peels, and find a Aesthetician that has experience doing chemical peels. That should be easier to come across.

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 08/30/2014 12:12 pm

Hello,

I made this topic because I need some help.After I have been acre from 15 years now I am 25, finally I found accutane and it gone. Now I have deep scars on my face and need to avoid it.

People who has an experience please advice me which type of treatment will be more effective?

Thank You

Hi, what country are you from? I have very similar scarring to yours, I can tell you 100% that chemical peels wont do anything to you other than improve texture. Scars are too deep for regular chemical peels, you would have to do phenol peel(which is very risky). I suggest Fraxel Repair(NOT RESTORE) for your scarring, multiple treatments. I am considering doing Laser+Recell next time.

MemberMember
(@bella1989)

Posted : 08/30/2014 2:48 pm

Hello,

Thank You

Hi, what country are you from? I have very similar scarring to yours, I can tell you 100% that chemical peels wont do anything to you other than improve texture. Scars are too deep for regular chemical peels, you would have to do phenol peel(which is very risky). I suggest Fraxel Repair(NOT RESTORE) for your scarring, multiple treatments. I am considering doing Laser+Recell next time.

MemberMember
(@bella1989)

Posted : 08/30/2014 3:26 pm

I am from Georgia.

I think recell is not in my country and also I have a doubt that we dont have dermatologists who has an exeperiance in lasers. So I should go to another country to be safe and guaranteed.

I wrote to harly street clinic already and may be i will go after 4-6 month.

Hello Joy4ever

I finished accutane 2 month ago. thank you so much for your feedback, my conclusion is that it is obligatory to wait 6 month after accutane.so i will wait :(

4u06f.jpg

mds46.jpg

Those pictures are from my first day I begun accutane.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/30/2014 5:02 pm

I would also say go to the owndoc.com forum and read up about derma rollers and derma stamps....some good info there and it's much cheaper to do it yourself..

I agree the scars aren't deep, it will take patience and time, but you will be able to improve these

good luck, and yes conventional wisdom seems to be wait 6 months post accutane

MemberMember
(@trendycat)

Posted : 08/31/2014 1:46 pm

First, make sure that you wait at least 12 months after going on accutane to perform any scar treating procedures, as they recommend this as the amount of time it takes for your skin to regain it's healing ability.

Some may disagree, but with very similar scarring to yours. I started accutane around age 23, and noticed these types of scars when I completed treatment. What you will notice over the next 2 years is that a lot of the scars will soften with time (I'm also 25 and have very similar skin to yours). They won't completely go away but they certian do fix themselves to a relative extent, and I think this is a combination of your skin regaining its healing capabilities after accutane, and also just the natural process of skin exfoliation.

I'm waiting for a product called dextran hydrogel which you can read more about in scarless healing. What really helped me more than any other treatment (I have performed 0 treatments for my scars) was seeking psychiatric help to regain my self esteem. It helped me gain new friends, go to public events all the time without even worrying about my scars.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 08/31/2014 4:58 pm

omg...when u started Accutane your skin didn't look too scarred? did u have an ib or what happened ?

MemberMember
(@bella1989)

Posted : 09/03/2014 2:59 pm

omg...when u started Accutane your skin didn't look too scarred? did u have an ib or what happened ?

Hello.

They are different type of pictures. Thats why my scars are invisible on the firs pics.