Notifications
Clear all

Natural Acne Products?

MemberMember
(@cece12)

Posted : 08/27/2014 7:07 pm

Ive been wanting to start using more natural products on my skin. I use to have cystic acne but i havent had a cyst in a reaaalllly long time, probably due to my b/c and eating really healthy/ exercising. Now my acne is light to moderate. i dont get a lot of big pimple but i do get a lot of small ones and my pores on my nose look clogged.

My recent rountine consisted of:

morning(desert essence thoroughly clean face wash with tea tree oil and awapuhi, khiels dark spot solution, (sometimes cetaphil dermacontol moisturizer w/ spf 30 but it makes my skin too oily), and neutragena clear face sunscreen (if i dont use the moisturizer)

night(panoxyl 4% creamy wash, khiels dark spot solution, and mario badescu drying lotion)

i realied that the panoxyl was too harsh for my face and making the creases at the sides of my nose and under my mouth very dry so i decided to stop using it.

My current routine is:

morning(desert essence thoroughly clean face wash with tea tree oil and awapuhi, Witch Hazal, khiels dark spot solution, and neutragena clear face sunscreen

night(exact same thing as the morning plus the mario badescu drying lotion and minus the sunscreen)

i want to use more natural products so i was wondering if there was a better cleanser than the one im using and if theres a good moisturizer

i was thinking about using aloe vera gel as my moisturizer

Any suggestions for my skin type? I would like inexpensive products easily accessible in NJ

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:22 pm

bump. anyone?

MemberMember
(@vampix)

Posted : 11/17/2014 1:50 am

You can try Vicco Tumeric facecream. It's moisturising, but gets absorbed quickly.

Also can help with dark spots, instead of using stuff with hydroquinone.

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 11/17/2014 4:05 pm

Natural doesn't necessarily mean better. A lot of plant extracts contain fragrance and are irritating to the skin. Look for proven acne treatments such as the regimen here at acne.org .