Notifications
Clear all

I'm Kind Of Freaking Out...

MemberMember
(@kimintie)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:51 am

So I just started using Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid. I ordered the product and have been using it for the past 5 days and nights.

I bought this product because of the incredible reviews both on this website and other places online. My acne was clear prior to using this product with the exception of closed comedones on my right cheek and forehead. My forehead being my biggest problem area. This is why I bought Paula's Choice... for my closed comedones. And wow... finally something cleared them up! My closed comedones are 95% gone only after 5 days of use.

The problem is, I'm breaking out on my forehead... horribly. I currently have 3 large, painful, under the skin pimples and a few smaller ones. No whiteheads - just deep, under the skin pimples. This is unusual for my skin as my problem has only been closed comedones for the past several months.

It's odd because the comedones on my cheek simply disappeared, but my forehead is breaking out like crazy. Every morning I wake up with some new acne on my forehead and quite frankly they are very painful.

Should I continue using Paula's Choice since it has worked for my comedones?

Is this just an initial "purge" that I should stick out?

I have never felt so down and self-conscious about my skin. It looks simply horrible. I'm at a loss. The product was fairly expensive and it is clearing up my closed comedones, so I would hate to just toss it.

What do you think? Should I stick it out?

Thank you for your help.

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 08/20/2014 8:22 pm

Hi kimintie,

Try only using the product on your cheeks and avoiding your forehead all together. If the problem on your forehead clears, then you'll know the skin there is sensitive to something in the product. As long as it doesn't cause problems for the rest of your skin, and it helps, you might as well continue using it on those areas. Good luck!