Notifications
Clear all

Accutane (Day 14)

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 08/12/2014 6:10 pm

I'm on day 14 of my accutane course and so far the only side effect is dry lips. Nothing too bad but my acne on my chest has been getting worse but not horribly worse whereas my face is getting clearer everyday but the only thing that is really annoying is that i have a cyst inbetween my eyebrows thats been getting smaller in size since I started accutane but is just annoying. I also haven't really experienced any bad initial breakout which I beleive is due to me using tretinoin for about a month before accutane on my face and was already in that " gets worse before it gets better stage" and so accutane is just doing its job and finishing this process. As far as body acne, my back acne is reducing significantly whereas my chest acne is slowly healing. I really think that this drug is harsher for girls than it is for boys because I've noticed that on the internet that mostly girls have a bit of a rougher time with accutane.

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 08/16/2014 1:20 am

Now on day 16, my acne now on mild moderate with hyperpigmentations and an annoying pimple in between my eyebrows. My back acne is gone but have discolorations. My chest is getting dry and scars seem to be drying out and scars seem yo be fading slightly in some areas. My major concern is my chest now and face which now kicks out back acne which is good.

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 08/18/2014 9:21 pm

Today is Day 20, and I am still breaking out on my chest and the acne is really drying up so I now take warm to cold showers because my acne gets aggravated with hot showers. So far my parents say my face looks less red today because sometimes it looks redder than other days. Not much progress for my chest in terms of clearing but I have faith in this. My shoulder and back acne definitely calmed down.

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 08/26/2014 11:25 am

DAY 27

My face has a lot hyperpigmentations and my chest is slowly clearing but I have breakout spots on my left side mostly and I have scarring that looks like stretch marks. I went to my dermatologist and we decided that I will move up from 40mg a day to 60mg a day in few day after some blood work.

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 08/29/2014 12:22 pm

DAY 30

My face is clearing and hyperpigmentations are fading slowly. My back shoulders are breaking out a bit which sucks but it'll go away its nothing major. My chest is healing from my initial breakout and my right side is clearing quicker while my left side of my chest is still kinda bad but I still have faith in this. I'm going to start 60mg today

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 09/04/2014 5:06 pm

Day 36

I haven't really noticed dramatic improvements in my skin but I have noticed a huge difference since day 1. My chest is healing from a bad breakout, not horrific but on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say 6.5. I have dryer skin and a bit more dry lips and I'm on day 6 of 60mg. Hopefully by the end of the month things will begin to get better progressively and quicker.

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 10/05/2014 7:32 pm

I'm on day 66 and my skin has overall improved greatly compared to day 1. I'm currently on 80mg for month 3 and worked my way up from 40mg to 60mg to now 80mg. I hope at the end of this course, my skin will be better. My concern is my chest scars which I hope the Accutane will at least help fade. Other than that I've had a minor breakout each time I move up a dosage such a new pimple on my face which I just had and it left a small mark, and random back and shoulder acne but I'm alright with that since I can cover it with a shirt or sweater. As for school, Im already in for a month and I feel like my skin is different than from the first day of school which is good. Gym class is alright since I have weight training and I change in the bathroom since its more private cuz I'm still uncomfortable with my chest acne and acne scars. Also when I sweat, I feel like its not ruining my skin as before and actually helping my overall health. My dermatologist also told me to eat a fatty meal with each pill so it can be more absorbed. Just an update cuz I haven't updated in awhile.

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 12/06/2014 10:04 pm

Im on day 6 of month 5 of my accutane journey. I am overall happy with my progress . I don't feel as self conscious about my acne on my face. Overall my face acne is nearly gone except for some hyperpigmentations and red/pink spots. My chest has no little active acne but lots of scarring which I'm hoping my dermatologist will help fix after my course of accutane. I just need a little bit more of accutane to make me 100% satisfied but so far I'm feeling better about myself.

MemberMember
(@stone-cold-71)

Posted : 01/03/2015 2:53 am

I'm almost done with month 5 with a few pills to go.I'm happy with no active acne on my face but I have pimple cyst that has shrunken in between my eyebrows which is wondefull. I have lots of scarring on my chest which is my concern, lots of dark spots and some hypertrophic scars. Dark spots on my back and shoulders but those eventually go away. My main concern is my chest scarring, I believe I'm a little over half way done with accutane so I'll see how it goes. happy and feel way better compared to day 1