Notifications
Clear all

The Differin Journey

MemberMember
(@tina21499)

Posted : 08/09/2014 12:32 pm

Hey guys,

So I started using differin almost about 7 weeks ago and I don't if I'm seeing any improvement or not. My acne has gotten so much worse though. Like I use to have light acne on my cheeks but after using differin I've been getting so much breakouts. I've been taking pictures every week to see if there has been any improvement but its just getting worse and worse. I also have been using the neutrogena oil free deep clean cleanser for day and night and I apply the differin 0.1% once a day at night before I sleep. Any ways, I'm just worried that if I keep continuing differin it's just gonna make my acne worse. How long have you guys had the initial breakout when using differin 0.1%?

Anyways this is how my skin looks and it's almost the 7th week, I feel like just giving up but at the same time I want to continue

post-414946-0-94312400-1407605698_thumb.

post-414946-0-94312400-1407605698_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/09/2014 2:37 pm

Unfortunately thats completely normal. Most people breakout a lot more the first 3 months. I wouldn't judge what your skin looks like until after 12 weeks.

MemberMember
(@tina21499)

Posted : 08/09/2014 4:41 pm

Okay, thanks for the reply! (: when does the initial breakout usually stop though? Cause for some people they say it take 5-6 weeks but I'm still breaking out an its almost the seventh week. I've also been getting a lot of white heads

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/10/2014 3:39 pm

Okay, thanks for the reply! (: when does the initial breakout usually stop though? Cause for some people they say it take 5-6 weeks but I'm still breaking out an its almost the seventh week. I've also been getting a lot of white heads

It really depends every person is different. I would say you should be over the worst part pretty soon though.

MemberMember
(@tina21499)

Posted : 08/12/2014 3:13 pm

Okay so I was just wondering that is it okay if I use differin every other night because its really irritating my skin.. And I'm still getting breakouts and its almost my 8th week! I feel like differin is just making my skin worser and worser and there's really no improvements which makes me nervous! But say if I just stopped using differin will it just go back to my original skin or will I get more breakouts? Please reply :$ thanks!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/12/2014 8:16 pm

You can try every other night if the Differin is to harsh on your skin or try mixing it with moisturizer. 8 weeks is still kinda early, like I said you really should try and hold out until week 12. But youre right the Differin is making your skin worse. Its causing it to purge unfortunately thats just how it works. If you stopped using it your skin would probably return to what it was pre Differin but it may take a while for your skin to readjust. I think at this point youre better off to keep going to week 12 and see if theres any improvement. You dont want to quit now go back to square 1 and wonder if you would have cleared up have you waited another month.

Well I hope that helped and good luck to you in whatever you do!

MemberMember
(@tina21499)

Posted : 08/12/2014 11:19 pm

Okay I guess I'll continue! (: and thanks for the reply!!

MemberMember
(@tina21499)

Posted : 08/13/2014 2:34 pm

Oh and how long would it take for my skin to readjust if it didn't work? Would it take years or months

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/13/2014 5:57 pm

Oh and how long would it take for my skin to readjust if it didn't work? Would it take years or months

I would say a couple months

MemberMember
(@tina21499)

Posted : 08/16/2014 3:06 pm

So I decided to stop differin because all its doing is giving me really bad breakouts and schools coming up in 2 weeks..:( my skin looks really bad right now and I miss my original skin :/ if I stop, how many months will it take to return to my old skin and will it become exactly like my original skin?

MemberMember
(@tina21499)

Posted : 08/16/2014 4:14 pm

And do you recommend anything ( natural remedies) to speed up the process toget my original skin back? And thank you so much for replying! It really means a lot! :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/16/2014 4:53 pm

You have to really give any topical at least 12 weeks but i hear you. Keep your head up.

MemberMember
(@elfantasma)

Posted : 08/25/2014 6:58 am

The retinoid is pushing all the underlying comedones to the surface. That's why you're breaking out. The purge and initial breakout is different for each Individual. I guess the severity dependes of how many comedones you have under your skin which have not surfaced yet.