Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Scars - Help 🙁

MemberMember
(@markde322)

Posted : 08/11/2014 3:06 pm

I have suffered from acne since I was 12. And finally have found something working for my everyday breakouts.

My problem now is I have a huge amount of acne scars everywhere. I don't know where to begin to take action to better the appearance of it. The only 1 thing I have going for me is that i'm not shy about it. I am able to go to work everyday and function. Even though I avoid looking in the mirror as much as possible. This is my face with a lot of lighting in the bathroom. When theres little lighting it looks less horrible. I'd like to hear your possible solutions and stories. I have been a long time follow of acne.org.

IMG_20140811_092611.jpgIMG_20140811_092551.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/11/2014 5:52 pm

good for you on the not shy part- get out there, it helps so much to live doesn't it?

only one spot looks large enough to warrant excision or subsicion- the rest looks like it would respond nicely to a few fraxel treatments, or if money is a problem, go to the owndoc.com forum and read up about derma rolling or derma stamping

you have options- looks like you still have a few whiteheads, but nothing major, but go see a doctor, or two and see what they say

good luck to you, getting the acne under control is a major victory!

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 08/11/2014 8:54 pm

My scars are about the same level of severity.

To tell you the truth, the answer to scarring hasn't arrived yet. You can try all the procedures available like I have. I noticed some improvements, but also more problems that came about. All told, you will likely not be satisfied with the procedure(s) you choose. And it turns into a cycle since you want improvement but you will never get enough improvement.

It's just not here yet. That's the truth. I would suggest you try to enjoy your life as much as you can in your current state. Perhaps the solution will come in our lifetime, perhaps not.

What we have right now is pseudoscience ripoff procedures that are way too expensive and can't and won't resolve the problem.

That's my sage advice having spent A LOT of money and time on fighting scarring. Take it or leave it.

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 08/11/2014 10:20 pm

I have WORSE LOL. You can imagine how I have to deal with :)

There's no real solution to answer your question from me :) Life is really unfair, isn't it? :)

MemberMember
(@fleurverte)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:49 am

Go to a dermatologist!! No one else can help you treat them. But ofc try to eat healthy because we are what we eat!

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/14/2014 5:41 pm

Get rid of the inflamation first. You look to be a candidate for Fraxel Re:pair.

MemberMember
(@alfredodixz)

Posted : 08/16/2014 6:20 pm

My scars are about the same level of severity.

To tell you the truth, the answer to scarring hasn't arrived yet. You can try all the procedures available like I have. I noticed some improvements, but also more problems that came about. All told, you will likely not be satisfied with the procedure(s) you choose. And it turns into a cycle since you want improvement but you will never get enough improvement.

It's just not here yet. That's the truth. I would suggest you try to enjoy your life as much as you can in your current state. Perhaps the solution will come in our lifetime, perhaps not.

What we have right now is pseudoscience ripoff procedures that are way too expensive and can't and won't resolve the problem.

That's my sage advice having spent A LOT of money and time on fighting scarring. Take it or leave it.

"What we have right now is pseudoscience ripoff procedures that are way too expensive and can't and won't resolve the problem."

You're definitely right

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/17/2014 1:03 am

Get rid of acne first before trying scar treatments.