Notifications
Clear all

Acupuncture With Electrical Stimulation Works

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/08/2014 5:51 pm

This was quite an amazing experience. Everything that was raised, painful and inflamed on my forehead this morning from the end result of a 72 hr herbal flush is now flat and painless.

The acupuncturiust, a 75 yr Chinese Dr with over 50 years experience, performed the procedure. He looked not a day over 45, by the way, gray hair but no wrinkles.

Two needles were inserted in my forehead at my hairline and an inch below (in addition to other body points on my legs and arms.) Electrodes were attached to each needles, a heat lamp was placed over my chest. This part was more painful than the other two times I had acupuncture in my back, I'm assuming because the skin is thinner in these points. Electrical pulses were administered for 30 min, as opposed to wiggling the needles for a short amount of time, while I meditated.

Here's a LiveStrong explanation of acne acupuncture theory

He then removed the needles and gave a rapid full body massage. The massage over my forehead and hairline was almost painfully firm, spreading the blood under the skin in an outward motion into my hairline.

If it's true that it thins the congealing oil, that makes perfect sense why it relieved me so quickly.

In school, we used the galvanic machine on one another, as well as the UV wand (which are cheap for home use now, I own one.) Both of these seemed pointless to me, but this deeply penetrating, area-specific treatment is different.

MemberMember
(@xojjamz)

Posted : 08/10/2014 2:22 am

I was always interested in acupuncture. The only thing that kept me away were stories of how it made some cases worse. I should really consider it since it does help with anxiety! How did you feel afterwards?

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/13/2014 6:41 am

I was always interested in acupuncture. The only thing that kept me away were stories of how it made some cases worse. I should really consider it since it does help with anxiety! How did you feel afterwards?

I have to say, I've never felt such a rapid and incredible improvement in mood. I'm not sure how much I can credit to the acupuncture and how much to the herbal rx, but it was worth every penny and I'm having another treatment tomorrow!