Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevb92

Can I Go Back To Using A Toner While On Accutane?

So i'm going into my 5th month and when i started the treatment i stopped using my toner and BP creams and what not. I noticed that my pores have been looking bigger ever since i started taking accutane. I know its actually supposed to be the opposite, but for me it's not. The pores especially on my nose look bigger and look blocked with some types of blackheads. I want to start using a toner again because i think its what made my pores tighter. I used to use Acne Free toner but i felt that might be too harsh, so i purchased Burts Bees refining tonic as it's all natural and might be more gentle for my skin. Of course i do moisturize every day. So what do you guys think? Is this product safe enough to use while on accutane?

Your dermatologist would be a good person to direct this question to. My dermatologist told me to stop using any product besides a gentle cleanser and a moisturizer. When I was on Accutane I wouldn't have put anything like toner on my face. I would have been scared of it drying out my skin any more. Plus I would think it was sting on Accutane skin. Your skin at month 5 is so thin and sensitive. I'd play it safe and wait till your off the tane. That's my two cents.