Notifications
Clear all

What Are Peoples Thoughts On This Video The Girl Claimed She Helaed Her Ice Pick/ Pockmark Scars?

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 08/03/2014 8:26 am

hi guys have a look at this whole video the girl claimed she healed her pockmarks through natural methods watch this short video what are peoples thoughts on this ?

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/03/2014 9:43 am

I do think that food is an important factor when it comes to clear skin for genetically predisposed acne sufferers, but I just don't see how that can be done unless you shun from everybody. I have tried juicing (Kale, cucumber, carrot, green apple) for two weeks and noticed absolutely no change. I drank the juice just for dinner and skipped a few days. I probably would have seen benefits if I was more consistent, did it for a longer period of time, and severely restrict what I eat besides fresh veggie and fruits. Unfortunately, this is just not possible for me as I have to travel frequently for my job.

TL; DR - If you have the time, resource, willpower, and commitment to do it, it may be worthwhile.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 11:14 am

she didnt have any icepick scars ? what are you talking about

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 08/03/2014 11:38 am

I was gonna say, I didn't see any pockmarks on her either. Maybe you should look into her story a little more. I know if you stick with a strict raw vegan diet it has many benefits for your body and skin but I've never heard of it healing scars like that. But who knows. There is one woman who is in her 70's and see looks like she is in her 40's and says it's from decades of only eating raw foods. A lot of people imagine a raw diet as snacking on raw fuits and vegetables but I use to live next to a raw vegan deli and I had a piece of raw pizza and brownie so it can be as yummy as you make it.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 08/03/2014 1:52 pm

she didnt have any icepick scars ? what are you talking about

pause it at 1 min.23 seconds it she healed all her pockmarks which is another name for ice picks

I was gonna say, I didn't see any pockmarks on her either. Maybe you should look into her story a little more. I know if you stick with a strict raw vegan diet it has many benefits for your body and skin but I've never heard of it healing scars like that. But who knows. There is one woman who is in her 70's and see looks like she is in her 40's and says it's from decades of only eating raw foods. A lot of people imagine a raw diet as snacking on raw fuits and vegetables but I use to live next to a raw vegan deli and I had a piece of raw pizza and brownie so it can be as yummy as you make it.

pause it at 1 min 23 seconds in the clip it says she healed her pockmarks which is the same as icepicks

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 08/03/2014 2:37 pm

Not very believable, I can't see any acne or scarring. Maybe she could have posted better pics to make message more credible.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 3:32 pm

theres no before and after picture , only pictures of her with clear skin and pock marks basically just her saying advertising to eat raw food nothing wrong with that but yeah doesnt show much proof although i do believe raw vegetables and stuff like that are healthy

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 08/03/2014 4:11 pm

theres no before and after picture , only pictures of her with clear skin and pock marks basically just her saying advertising to eat raw food nothing wrong with that but yeah doesnt show much proof although i do believe raw vegetables and stuff like that are healthy

look through this post no come on know i dont think anyone would be that sad to lie about something like this http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/acne-scarring

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 4:28 pm

look through this post no come on know i dont think anyone would be that sad to lie about something like this http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/acne-scarring

there was a guy who post the same thing about eating raw and healing there pockmarks

and said by summer he would update , then when i saw him post and ask him about his results no reply lol ...

and ofc people would lie it doesnt hurt to lie on the internet

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/03/2014 4:36 pm

First off, it seems like everybody who gets a pimple nowadays says they have cystic acne. When the general public becomes more aware of medical terms but have a very superficial understanding of the issues, they tend to oversimplify and misdiagnose their condition. She did not look like she had serious acne.

The girl who posted the original question didn't understand why her red marks got more pronounced each time she went out in the sun. UV exposure worsens hyperpigmentation. Then the girl who advocated the raw foods diet said somewhere in the post that she thinks the sun was good for her red marks. I would take their opinions with a grain of salt.

I am 100% behind eating healthy and living a balanced life, but these folks who advocate all these holistic methods ALWAYS fail to provide even a shred of evidence or basic Before and Afters to prove their point.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/03/2014 4:37 pm

The diet war rage on. I lost a lot of weight by walking and eating romaine lettuce and spinach with no salad dressing. That is what worked for me. Take a look at the Perfect Human Diet. http://www.perfecthumandiet.us/

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/03/2014 4:54 pm

is it just me or she looked better before (face and hair)?

also where the hell is her acne pics

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 08/03/2014 7:09 pm

is it just me or she looked better before (face and hair)?

also where the hell is her acne pics

pics?

You mean of the 70 year old woman?

http://www.thefruitdoctor.com/annette-larkins-ageless-raw-vegan-70-year-old-woman/

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/03/2014 7:31 pm

I keep seeing vegans all over Youtube praising raw foods and making exaggerated claims- some of them down right laughable. My problem with a lot of these people is that not only are some of them incredibly aggressive (not sure if you guys have seen some of the comments i've seen floating around ) they make these outrageous claims to get you to join their fad diet. I have nothing against being a vegan whatsoever, but I have a huge problem with people making false claims in order to convince people to go vegan. I've seen way too many "Don't eat meat, humans weren't meant to consume them..stop torturing animals! Going vegan cures every health problem!"

Bottom line- no, she didn't cure her pockmarks from going vegan.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 10:01 pm

we need more genuine people that actually cured there scars

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 08/04/2014 4:40 am

I keep seeing vegans all over Youtube praising raw foods and making exaggerated claims- some of them down right laughable. My problem with a lot of these people is that not only are some of them incredibly aggressive (not sure if you guys have seen some of the comments i've seen floating around ) they make these outrageous claims to get you to join their fad diet. I have nothing against being a vegan whatsoever, but I have a huge problem with people making false claims in order to convince people to go vegan. I've seen way too many "Don't eat meat, humans weren't meant to consume them..stop torturing animals! Going vegan cures every health problem!"

so are you saying shes lying ? i dont see a reason for her to lie

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/04/2014 5:44 am

If she lost a lot of weight I have no doubt in my mind she feels a lot better now, but pockmarks being cured from diet is just silly. The notion that people with scarring need to simply eat vegan to be "cured" is a little insulting if you ask me, what we're going through is bad enough, I really don't need anymore people questioning my diet or implying i'm doing something wrong because I have scarring.

On the other hand I do think a good diet is essential to overall health and I would definitely encourage people to make wise decisions when it comes to what they consume, especially when going through scar treatments. I've posted before about how I went as far as getting my vitamin levels tested and even an ana done to ensure I had healthy levels and to possibly prevent complications during my scar progress. I ended up being very deficient in some vitamins and have since been taking supplements everyday as well as in incorporating specific foods into my diet.

As far as lying goes, unfortunately depending on how extreme her own personal beliefs are on eating animals, there may be an incentive to lie. I really don't know about this person specifically, that's just what I've noticed in some extremists. I would like to point out that when you lose a lot of weight, scars and fine lines become much more prominent because there is no extra fat to help stretch the skin. There's an old saying that when women get older, they have to choose between their butt or their face. That further adds to my suspicion.

In the after picture she posted, you can tell that even the overall texture of her skin is nearly flawless...something the vast majority of people with "severe acne" don't have, especially after years of having it.

One last thing- as far as sun exposure and tanning, although I avoid sun exposure as much as possible, the few times I have gotten tan, my scars were temporarily but dramatically reduced in appearance . I'm snow white pale, which I believe makes my scars much more obvious given the contrast between my pale skin and the shadows of the scars. Whenever I'm a little tan or wear makeup that's a shade or two darker, it blends most of my scarring together (minus the deep ones) and makes a big difference. That could possibly be why she noticed a difference in her skin, not the diet itself.

so are you saying shes lying ? i dont see a reason for her to lie

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/04/2014 8:19 am

well dammn that was iteresting! :0

when u say 70 yr old granny u think

Darlene-Mayes-Ganja-Granny.jpg

bt shes like

annette-larkins-red.jpg

just damn! i just cant belive its a question of diet afterall, i mean rly? just that diet? what if shes a unique case bcs of her genetics? nd wht abt that shes black?

her neck isnt dried up either nd i wonder if thats her hair? no grey at all

In the after picture she posted, you can tell that even the overall texture of her skin is nearly flawless...something the vast majority of people with "severe acne" don't have, especially after years of having it.

hm that skin isnt near to flawless tho :T

anyway wont loosing weight make ur scars worse/more pronounced?

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/04/2014 8:52 am

I'm talking about the texture of her skin. She has a lot of freckles but I don't really consider those to be flaws. Yes, losing weight does make scar look more pronounced. I've gone through periods where I have lost 10-20 lbs and my scars looked much worse, when I gained that weight back they looked a lot better.

well dammn that was iteresting! :0

when u say 70 yr old granny u think

Darlene-Mayes-Ganja-Granny.jpg

bt shes like

annette-larkins-red.jpg

just damn! i just cant belive its a question of diet afterall, i mean rly? just that diet? what if shes a unique case bcs of her genetics? nd wht abt that shes black?

her neck isnt dried up either nd i wonder if thats her hair? no grey at all

>In the after picture she posted, you can tell that even the overall texture of her skin is nearly flawless...something the vast majority of people with "severe acne" don't have, especially after years of having it.