Notifications
Clear all

Looking To Start Dermarolling But Have Questions

MemberMember
(@annabolton)

Posted : 07/26/2014 9:52 am

Ok so ive had pretty significant acne scars for quite a while and they really really bother me... I also recently had restylane injected in some of them and although it definitely made an improvement im still not satisfied at all and want more improvement.. I can't afford anymore professional treatments and have been looking into home derma rolling but im very nervous I might screw up my skin even more...

here are my questions

1 is it ok to dermaroll over the scars I had filled?? I asked my doctor about having professional dermapen treatments after the fillers and she said it wouldn't negatively affect the fillers but Im still kinda nervous to do it...

2 I was on Accutane about 4 and a half to five months ago and im wondering whether this is enough time to wait before dermarolling?

3 has anyone scarred there skin even more from dermarolling and how do you prevent this?

4 is a 1.5 mm needle dermaroller to long for home use? I have numbing cream by the way

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@annabolton)

Posted : 07/29/2014 8:26 am

anyone???

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 07/29/2014 3:59 pm

1 is it ok to dermaroll over the scars I had filled?? I asked my doctor about having professional dermapen treatments after the fillers and she said it wouldn't negatively affect the fillers but Im still kinda nervous to do it...

2 I was on Accutane about 4 and a half to five months ago and im wondering whether this is enough time to wait before dermarolling?

3 has anyone scarred there skin even more from dermarolling and how do you prevent this?

4 is a 1.5 mm needle dermaroller to long for home use? I have numbing cream by the way

Hey Annabolton,

I know how you must feel about your scars. Mine also fill me with great distress on a daily basis. Just know that your not alone and there is lots you can do about how you feel regarding the issue. If you can look into CBT sessions and speak about your issues to your family and friends and this should release a lot of your stress.

1 - Im not to sure about rolling over fillers. You could research how stable the product is after treatment and make a informed decision afterward.

2 - Sarah Vaughnter from OwnDoc says that its adivisable to wait at least 6 - 12 months after Accutane before attemping dermarolling.

3 - I have read some reviews that people have had negative effects. Some from home use and others from 'professionals'. I think the best thing to do is start with a smaller needle length and not dive in with a deeper longer one.

4 - Numbing cream is a great thing for such a proceedure as it WILL hurt. However there is discussion about the use of numbing cream creating a side effect. If your body cant feel the pain then its not going to send the correct signals from the brain to the injury in the most potent form.

I think you will learn a lot from reading the guidlines written on OwnDoc. Heres a link - http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

Ive also read that a roller causes tears under the skin and that using a dermastamper instead is much better.

Hope this helps.