Notifications
Clear all

How Long To Clear Up?

MemberMember
(@liammaclennan)

Posted : 07/21/2014 9:54 am

Hi all,

I've been on accutane for 11 weeks now and for the first few weeks things were looking up. For the past few week or so I've started to become a little bit disheartened as I feel accutane isn't really benefiting me.

I'm just curious to know when some of you would say that you were "clear"? How far into the course did new spots/cysts stop forming?

Also, does anyone else feel as if the red marks are a lot more visible during accutane?

Edit: accutane has stopped whiteheads forming and has smoothened my skin complexion. However I still get cysts.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 07/21/2014 10:00 am

How many MG are you taking a day?

MemberMember
(@liammaclennan)

Posted : 07/21/2014 10:38 am

First 5 weeks I was taking 40mg, since then I've been taking 70mg. I weigh around 75kg.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 07/21/2014 1:47 pm

Thats a good dose. As far as when youll start clearing up everyone is different. Some people clear by 2 months some it takes 5. I wouldnt get discouraged though just keep at it and youll see results.

MemberMember
(@kagt)

Posted : 07/21/2014 2:33 pm

I was clear pretty much after the first month. I just started my 3rd month. first month I was on 40 mg daily and 2nd month 80 mg daily. 3rd month will be 80 mg as well.

I didn't really experience IB...very mild but I had mild acne to begin with. Some would prob say I didn't even need to be on it but I've been battling break-outs since 12...I am 36 now.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/23/2014 3:15 pm

I was taking 40mg for my first month, and I experienced an IB around my 4th week, then things were looking up. On my third month, they switched my to 60, and I broke out again (although it cleared much more quickly than my IB). I think that breaking out with a dose increase is relatively common.

MemberMember
(@tilly24)

Posted : 07/23/2014 4:33 pm

My breakouts were awful 2 months in I felt like throwing in the towel !! but 4 months in and on 60mg daily (20mg 3x a day) my skin has dramatically changed for the good. People take to the drug differently , I hope you're next course does wonders :-) good luck