Notifications
Clear all

Trouble Getting Hold Of Any Benzoyl Peroxide In The Uk?

MemberMember
(@liammonty)

Posted : 07/21/2014 8:48 am

It seems that there is a problem with all benzoyl peroxide products in the EU due to an ingredient not meeting new standards - now meaning that it is impossible to get hold of my beloved quinoderm! anyone recommend any alternatives that are still available in the UK? I've asked at the pharmacy and it seems that they are out of stock of all branded benzoyl peroxide (e.g. quinoderm, oxy, panoxyl etc.) and I cant seem to get hold of any generic stuff either! :(

More info about the shortage can be found here:

* Moderator Edit, URL removed. Please see board rules. Acne.org Moderator Team*

Any idea on other product alternatives to prevent my skin from flaring up? I've started using topical nicatinamide but I am scared my skin will start to get bad again without BP!

MemberMember
(@amymc)

Posted : 08/20/2014 1:47 pm

Boots have it online - says at the discretion of a Boots pharmacist, so not sure how that works!

MemberMember
(@bambi123)

Posted : 10/27/2014 4:52 pm

I got Duac 3% BP gel on prescription from my GP. The pharmacy didn't stock it but were able to order it in. So far it seems to be working as well as Panoxyl.

But it's a tiny tube for 8 prescription charge so I've just ordered the treatment from acne.org for 8oz of BP it works out to about 19 including shipping to the uk. Hope it gets here before my tiny duac tube runs out!

MemberMember
(@fondbandage)

Posted : 10/29/2014 5:51 pm

I just asked in Boots for Quinoderm and it's out of stock.

I asked what other BP products they had and the answer was "none".

I checked Quinoderm on a few online chemists and they don't supply it.

Any ideas for a BP product that's in stock?

First Panoxyl then Quinoderm! What's happening?!

From Quinoderm website. It looks as if the EU have messed this up!

Quinoderm Creams Supply

Recent regulatory changes within the pharmaceutical industry have raised concerns about the supply of ingredients from some non-EU countries.

This unfortunately will impact ongoing supply of all the Quinoderm Creams for the foreseeable future as one of the active ingredients is no longer available. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.

The quality, safety and continued supply of our products are at all times in accordance with the strictest pharmaceutical procedures and processes to ensure patient safety.

Please be assured we do plan to bring back the Quinoderm creams to the UK market as soon as possible.

Finally, as a laugh for you, there is an ebay seller selling one tube of Quinoderm 10 for 299!!!!

MemberMember
(@martan)

Posted : 11/30/2014 4:03 am

It's a nightmare, quinoderm has worked for years for me until it was discontinued.

I managed to find panoxyl online but it made me peel and break out. I've had to order dans regimen, which costs a fortune in shipping.

I might contact quinoderm directly to find out when they will be reissuing stock

MemberMember
(@fondbandage)

Posted : 02/15/2015 9:46 am

Just checked and it appears that Quinoderm is out of stock at all online UK-based pharmacies.

TheQuinoderm website still says that there are problems importing it into the EU.

Any ideas? I have PanOxyl but it's so much harsher on my skin than Quinoderm.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 02/19/2015 2:14 pm

Just buy Dans 8oz BP treatment from amazon.com... its great.

With shipping it comes to about 17, which isnt all that much. Its also really good and much better purity than quinoderm or panoxyl imho (i've tried all 3).

MemberMember
(@cymrurhys)

Posted : 05/25/2015 6:24 am

Just buy Dans 8oz BP treatment from amazon.com... its great.

With shipping it comes to about 17, which isnt all that much. Its also really good and much better purity than quinoderm or panoxyl imho (i've tried all 3).

Would you be able to post the link to amazon please?