Notifications
Clear all

Not Washing Face To Clear Acne And Stop Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@boxboy27)

Posted : 07/18/2014 4:21 pm

Hi guys! I'm new here and this is my first post so go easy on me! :) So basically I'm 16 and have had moderate acne for nearly two years now. I have been to the doctor and they prescribed differin and duac once daily which didn't really help a whole lot especially as I have oily skin and when I apply these overnight they can't dry my skin because of how oily it gets. Having said that they still keep the acne at bay reasonably well. (I also used a Nivea charcoal face wash morning and night).

My oily skin started around the same time as I started using these products so this leads me to question wether they may have contributed to my skins oiliness.

The oily skin is very annoying. Within an hour of washing, my skin will already have a shine to it.

I can't stand this as I am always anxious that people will notice. This leads me to press my face with toilet paper (clean haha) to get rid of the slick shine. I do this every hour or so, so you can imagine how annoying it is. This pressing with tissue paper most likely irratates my skin and thus probably contributes to the acne.

That is my story so far but now I am trying something new. For the last 4 days I have been trying to wash my face as little as possible. This is due to the fact that I firmly believe that after a period of being left alone, the skin will take matters into it's own hands and repair itself. I'm not sure about the acne but surely once oil has been sitting on the face for a time the skin will realise that it's not going anywhere (being washed away) and either absorb it or produce less.

Even when you imagine the caveman years ago, I'm sure they did nothing for their skin and still probably didn't get half as much acne problems as some of us do today.

This has to be bacause of all the chemicals we are putting on our face nowadays which is just not natural and is surely stripping our skins of all the natural oils it needs to stay moisturized and clear of acne.

This is my theory, like it or not it's what I believe. So now let me tell you how I've been getting on with washing as little as possible for the last four days!

Day 1 & 2: Pretty much the for both days. Had a shower on both days in the morning not touching my face at all just letting the water run off my face. My face became extremely oily throughout the day.

Day 3: Splash of water in the morning from the shower. Started to breakout and skin is looking very rough and slightly flaky on oily areas. Skin still so, so oily.

Day 4 (today): Okay so it's the night of day 4 and I haven't had contact with water since day 3 in the morning. I also don't plan to till day 5 morning which will mean no wash for a full 48 hours. Skin is again extremely oily and rough. Also have a good few small whiteheads.

So after 4 days my skin has gotten worse but I'm going to be patient and stick with this for a while. I know that it will only get worse before it gets better because it's a process. A natural process and not to mention it's a shock to the system.

I'd also just like to mention to try not to touch the face at all. NO picking or squeezing! Leave your skin do it's job. :)

If anyone has anything to say or wants to join me and record their results here please do! :D I would love some company on my new NATURAL journey.

Thanks!