Notifications
Clear all

Accutane

MemberMember
(@tilly24)

Posted : 07/23/2014 5:30 pm

Hi everyone:)

Well, I have had a struggle with acne since I was around 9 and cystic acne since I was 11 years old. I am 24 and 4 months ago was my first ever dermatologist visit.

I was nervous and scared of how judgmental they would be with me (what a weirdo lol) any way she put me on accutane (Isotretinoin) 40 mg (20mg 2 times a day). I was so scared to take my first pill because of horror stories I had read online. I plucked up the courage and thought "sod it" I'm just gonna have to do this so I can get on with my life !!

The first few weeks my skin went probably the worst it's ever been. Cysts popping up everywhere, I had to go to work feeling and looking like s@*t!!

Any way, after 2 months I thought .. My skin is still breaking out?!

My skin was stupidly dry I had noticed I was drowsier than normal and could (and still can haha) fall asleep at the drop of a hat like an old fogey!

I am 4 months in and I can honestly say that my skin has got so much better I am actually smiling more than usual and finally getting my old personality back instead of being a snappy cow haha.

I have 2 months left and I just hope all my acne stays away forever!!!!!

Feel free to ask me any questions and please don't hesitate to take accutane if offered it as it is really life changin!!!