Notifications
Clear all

Would Fraxel Laser Tretment Work For This Ice Pick Scars?

MemberMember
(@james-james)

Posted : 07/17/2014 5:17 am

I have these ice pick scars form years, i star scarring at puberty, and all was because i suffered from Anxiety desorder and TOC, i pick my face , black heads , white heads obsesibili when i was more young and that cuased my scarring, i dont suffer from severe acne,i just have" normal acne" i just have lots of black heads arund my cheek and that get me obsesed.

i have a very oiled skin,im 19 , but whit scars sometimes i look like 22 years old

post-409686-0-89900100-1405592040.jpg

post-409686-0-41032900-1405592049.jpg

I went to the dermatologist, she said that a fraxel laser would improve my scars , but now we are in summer so i must wait to september for the laser , i just want it now!

(sorry for bad english) im latinoamerican.

post-409686-0-89900100-1405592040.jpg

post-409686-0-41032900-1405592049.jpg

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 07/17/2014 8:23 am

Which type of Fraxel? Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Re:Pair? I've heard Fraxel Re:pair is the better of the two, But not recommended if you have dark skin as you can get hyperpigmentation. So for darker skin Fraxel Restore is used but is not as effective & would need to go for several treatments not just one which you could end up spending thousands of dollars. From what I see it looks like you have scar Pores and Ice-Picks with a few Box-car Scars.

PLEASE, DO NOT PICK YOUR SCARRING ANYMORE!!!! As that is Permanent scarring and No way to get your skin to 100% back to the way it was. You can also try Derma-Rollers which is a lot cheaper money wise but takes a rather long time & do this treatment at home. You might get about the same amount of improvement without having to use a laser and save a lot of money in the process. Check owndoc.com as they sell them there and see others who have shared their stories on the Forum as they have gotten good results using it.

Another thing I might suggest, But not sure how effective it would be is a chemical peel as that might help the scar pores, but not so for the ice-picks as that type of Acne scarring is probably the hardest type of scaring to treat including with the best lasers that are out there.

MemberMember
(@james-james)

Posted : 07/17/2014 11:09 am

Which type of Fraxel? Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Re:Pair? I've heard Fraxel Re:pair is the better of the two, But not recommended if you have dark skin as you can get hyperpigmentation. So for darker skin Fraxel Restore is used but is not as effective & would need to go for several treatments not just one which you could end up spending thousands of dollars. From what I see it looks like you have scar Pores and Ice-Picks with a few Box-car Scars.

PLEASE, DO NOT PICK YOUR SCARRING ANYMORE!!!! As that is Permanent scarring and No way to get your skin to 100% back to the way it was. You can also try Derma-Rollers which is a lot cheaper money wise but takes a rather long time & do this treatment at home. You might get about the same amount of improvement without having to use a laser and save a lot of money in the process. Check owndoc.com as they sell them there and see others who have shared their stories on the Forum as they have gotten good results using it.

Another thing I might suggest, But not sure how effective it would be is a chemical peel as that might help the scar pores, but not so for the ice-picks as that type of Acne scarring is probably the hardest type of scaring to treat including with the best lasers that are out there.

i dont know what kind of laser , i didnt belive that dermarollers work , but i will try now, ( i will try everthing) maybe im luck for not having dark skin...

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 07/17/2014 5:45 pm

Well then Fraxel Re:pair would be your best choice if you go the laser route don't do fraxel restore it's a waste of money. Just remember regardless of skin color there is nothing out there that is 100% in reversing acne scarring. You can get good to great improvement as you are very young, You should check owndoc on how to dermaroll & dermastamp acne scars also check on youtube videos with demonstrations on how to do it yourself at home.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/17/2014 8:23 pm

i dont think fraxel repair would help

tca cross would be a better option for those