Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katgirl12

I Want To Start The Regimen But I Still Have Treatment From My Dermatologist?

Hi. So this is my first time ever posting anything in acne.org. I am 17 years old and I have really bad cystic acne. I felt like I have literally tried everything for my acne (neutrogena, clearisil, oxy, acnefree, proactive, natural remidies, and the list goes on and on...). About 3 months ago I went to see a dermatologist who told me to use cerave facial wash and moisturizer and to also use tretinoin 0.25 and take minocycline. I had a horrible allergic reaction to the minocycline and it made my acne worse, so I didn't go back to the dermatologist for awhile. Then my acne got really bad so about a week ago I went back in and she made the tretinioin stronger (.05%) and told me to take erythomycin. I also included using apple cider vinager and water for a toner. So I have been doing that for about a week and a half ago but I haven't seen much change. :( My acne is still bad and sore and I hate it. Its absolutely having an affect on my social life because I hate going outside now and I don't want to be seen by anyone. I also constantly think about my acne all the time. Anyways....I saw amazing results and a lot of good reviews on The Regimen and I really want to try it. Should I keep trying what my dermatologist told me to do or try the Regimen? If I do do The Regimen, can I still do my dermatologist stuff or no?

If you start the regimen you need to stop using what the dermatologist said.

You cant mix different treatments.

Edited by AldoMG