I Have Started Doin...

Notifications
Clear all

I Have Started Doing The Regimen 3 X A Day

MemberMember
(@robynxo)

Posted : 07/15/2014 6:16 pm

Hi everyone,

It's been a super duper long time since I last posted on here. I have been using the Dan's Regimen for around 10 years now. It has always kept my skin more or less clear - I used to be on Yasmin + the Regimen and my skin was 95% clear, but then came off contraceptive pills and since then my skin has been around 85-95% clear for a couple of years.

I believe that my skin has never been 100% NOT due to any fault with the Regimen - but due to my skin's sensitivity to makeup, the quality of makeup I purchase, and my daily routine which includes going to the gym.

I was content with my skin not being completely clear, assuming it must be due to other factors - wearing makeup, sweating at the gym, stress levels, hormones, etc. but for the last couple of months I made a slight alteration to the Regimen as an experiment.

So when I finish work everyday I go straight to the gym for an hour, then come home, have a wash/shower and have dinner etc. then do the Regimen before bed.

For the last couple of months - in the part where I wash after the gym - I use my normal cleanser, and then use around or less than a pea-size amount of BP gel, then moisturize (with the waiting bits in between as normal), before I continue with the rest of my evening, then I do the Regimen as normal before bed.

My skin hasn't become drier, in fact it has cleared to 98%! This improvement has been consistent in the last month and I have even stopped wearing concealer/makeup on my skin at work, which is a first for me.

I had never tried this before, but it seems to be really working for me, and I think it shows sometimes you have to take into account what you are doing throughout the day. I think using a tiny bit of BP after work has boosted my response to it.

I read here that the regimen should be done 10-12 hours apart each day, and though it is optimal that it should be only twice a day to reduce irritation, I basically have to wash my face after the gym - and I think such a small amount of extra BP doesn't irritate my skin.

Hope everyone here is well and I do come on here sometimes to read through topics, I just haven't posted for a while eek. I buy all my products through Acne.org which I get shipped to New Zealand as I'm living here now, and it is my saviour! I may also start buying the cleanser and moisturizer as products over here are way more expensive than in the UK, around double the price for my usual Simple cleanser