Notifications
Clear all

Masturbation Causeing Acne

MemberMember
(@smallcat9)

Posted : 07/14/2014 7:01 pm

I need help here and I don't feel comfortable talking to anyone about this in person.

everytime I give into masturbation whether it be once or a whole bunch of times like last week.

7 days ago. I did it about ten times... the next day I got oily inflammed acne riddled skin .

I'm a very lazy person by default. but after masturbating I find that rigorous daily exercise and healthy diet is the only way to fast recover the affects of horomones ? and bad skin.

I want to know if anyone else had noticed this or can relate to my question somewhat and if anyone can share any of their success stories about it.

MemberMember
(@winterlotus90)

Posted : 07/15/2014 4:14 am

I was trying to read some stuff about this before actually posting something, and I've found that there is a weak connection between masturbation and acne. But at the same time, when you masturbate it increases testosterone levels in the body which is partly responsible for making acne worse, but it doesn't cause acne. Don't refrain from masturbating if you enjoy it. But as with anything, do it in moderation.

MemberMember
(@snog)

Posted : 07/16/2014 2:53 am

1-2 times masturbating per week maybe won't cause acne (just my opinion, gonna check it), but i know that excessive masturbation causes my acne. Also i do know that abstaining from masturbation have the same effect - acne. maybe masturbation and sex can help to regulate hormones in our body, but excessive m/s can damage our hormonal balance and too much of testosterone will be converted into DHT. and it's proved that testosterone spikes (~145%) in the 7 day of abstaining, so excessive testosterone will be converted into DHT. I know 100% when i'm abstaining i get new cysts every god damn day and when i jerk off after that, my skin looks much more better in the next day (guess orgasm can help with hormones, well maybe it's scientifically proven or it's just my fckng opinion).

at least this is my personal expirience in the last months with that acne-masturbation theory. I'm gonna try to use saw palmetto to decrease my level of DHT, also i'll try to masturbate 1-2 times every week.

MemberMember
(@echo91)

Posted : 08/20/2014 6:42 pm

Just would like to point out that masturbation is the problem (for me anyway).

I have been testing this theory for the past 3 months now, I would start by not masturbating for a week... my skin would still brake out and if I continued masturbating for lets say every 2 days breakouts will appear more often, so then I stopped masturbating for around 3 weeks (yep it can be difficult at the start). My skin really did clear up after 2 weeks or so it was looking much better, I would have the occasional spot here and there but nothing serious.

And then I ejaculated while sleeping, nothing would happen for the first few days but after that I would breakout. After not doing it for a week my skin would start to clear up once again.

I did start to masturbate every 2 days or so after that and my skin was breaking out really bad, so I came to conclusion that masturbation is the problem for my acne.

I have now stopped masturbation for 3 weeks now and will continue to do so until it happens while I am sleeping X_X

I haven't had any breakouts for the past 2 weeks.

This may not work for everyone but if you have hormonal acne then it may a problem for you.

MemberMember
(@user143021)

Posted : 08/21/2014 11:59 am

This isn't a problem for me, but I wanted to mention that supposedly masturbation and intercourse affect hormones differently. You can google the subject and read some articles and discussions about it. Anyway, this may or may not affect getting acne in all people who break out from masturbation, but it's something to think about.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/19/2014 5:56 am

Realized this is from 3 months ago but whatever. Just wanted to weigh on this real quick. I've been on these forums for 2 years and dealed with acne for 7 years. Around 3 years ago i thought that acne was caused by masturbation but after testing it several times came to the conclusion this was false and that acne is caused by sugar. I have been able to control my acne by controlling my sugar intake and taking zinc. however, i still have occasional pimples for the last 3 years. anyway, i recently abstained from masturbation for 2 weeks for a seperate reason not related to acne. Strangely, all my acne disapearred after about 5 days of this. I then broke this 14 day break for an unrelated reason and very strangely today I have 5 small pimples that are completely out of the blue. I have not changed my diet at all and it almost seems like the masturbation caused it which is hilarious and crazy. I am not going to abstain from masturbating to get rid of acne as I do not really beleive it and i think diet is was really causes acne. However, the last 14 days go against this. It is quite wierd to say the least. So i beleive you guys when you say that acne is in part caused by "excessive masturbation". Come to think about it i only started getting acne at the age i started masturbating or the beggining of puberty.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 11/23/2014 1:50 am

This isn't a problem for me, but I wanted to mention that supposedly masturbation and intercourse affect hormones differently. You can google the subject and read some articles and discussions about it. Anyway, this may or may not affect getting acne in all people who break out from masturbation, but it's something to think about.

I really have a hard time believing this. If anyone can provide some links to PHYSICAL differences that happen chemically that'd be appreciated. All I can find are psychological differences, which are almost irrelevent when you take out all the emotional biases in the arguments presented. Honestly I'm less stressed masturbating, no need to worry about performance and all that jazz. I do not think my brain knows the difference between a penis and a dildo. If I'm wrong, I want to understand why.

Anyway, back to acne, yes it alters your hormonal balance. Sucks, we can't eat anything but vegetables and meat/fish, can't drink caffeine or alcohol, can't even orgasm too much. Can't be too whiney, a la life could be so much worse! but damn lol. Guess I should've been a paleo nun.

MemberMember
(@framboise)

Posted : 12/10/2014 9:25 am

I'm actually curious about this - for females exclusively.

Because orgasm does increase prolactin, and too much prolactin can affect acne indirectly. (Too high prolactin levels are sometimes treated with BCPs because the extra estrogen helps with the symptoms apparently)

MemberMember
(@theotorious)

Posted : 11/22/2016 10:24 pm

Everyones body is different, so masterbation does cause acne to some and doesn't to the rest. Anything excess does and will have side effects, keep in mind your body does need time to recover its not a machine. Give it a break, i know its difficult to give up masterbation, but you dont have any other choice. Stop masterbating and get less acne or continue doing it and get more acne + stress + low confident