Notifications
Clear all

Are You Hesitant On Getting A Cortisone Shot?

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 07/08/2014 6:49 pm

I had a huge cyst on my forehead, lingering on my face for 2 weeks, with no looks of it going down. It literally felt like a marble under my skin how deep it was, although only slightly raised and easily covered with makeup. I leave on vacation this weekend. I decided to call my derm and get a cortisone shot today. She drained it first, she poked the needle sooo deep I literally felt it go through multiple layers of skin, and right when she took the needle out, pus came gushing out. She said "thank goodness you came! it's unbelievable how much pus was in there!!" and proceeded to shoot it with cortisone. It's not about 4 hours since I got the shot, and the cyst is 100% flat, no atrophy or anything, just a dark mark. It's so crazy how much relief you can get from a simple cortisone shot. So if anyone has had a cyst or nodule lingering on their face for 2 weeks+, I highly highly recommend getting a cortisone shot!!! I'm so happy I did.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/08/2014 6:55 pm

Agreeed! That stuff is amazing. My dermatologist gives me about 5 or 6 everytime I go in.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 07/08/2014 7:12 pm

Agreeed! That stuff is amazing. My dermatologist gives me about 5 or 6 everytime I go in.

I swear, some cysts just will NOT leave without them. Thank god for cortisone shots. LOL.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/08/2014 8:18 pm

I know!!!!! It's like magic. It always improves my face by a ton.