Notifications
Clear all

Is Accutane The Only Answer For Serious Cystic Acne?

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/03/2014 12:34 am

So im feeling hopeless trying to find a solution. I was registered for ipledge a month ago but had to move. I went to a new dermatologist and he wont give me the Accutane because he thinks I am depressed. I am depressed because of my skin...could it really be dangerous to take the Accutane with depression already? I want to believe my skin is going to get better but now im on ampicillin, finacea, and veltin and if anything over the past week more cysts are coming out my face...I don't know what to do...I don't want to be so severely scarred. I need a solution any ideas guys?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/03/2014 6:58 am

Accutane from my own PERSONAL experience amplified my underlying depression so that is a very real possibility. The first two times i took it though, the benefits greatly outweighed the risks. It didn't last though and after an unsuccessful third course, I still have acne in addition to skin sensitivity. My case is not typical though. My advice to you is to not over share with your derm in terms of depression as they are trying to cover themselves

Good Luck in finding your solution.