Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ForwardWeGo

Help! :( Red Mound After Pimple Pops

I accidentally scratched/popped a zit.I think it was a whitehead..or a clear one idk. it was just dangling so it came off. i took out the rest of the white inside with tweezers then put sea salt on it which i normally do with open pores. it kept bleeding so i kept dabbing it and dabbed it a few times with a frozen lemon wedge then put more sea salt and left it alone. some of the salt came off so i wiped it to reapply and the whole area was red and it felt like a mound (like a big pimple would feel) before it had fell it was just a dangling little thing!and around the red area there was a white ring around it! i guess my skiin lightened up around it. It doesnt really hurt but it looks bad and the bump tht it transformed into concerns me What should i do??????

Edited by ForwardWeGo

Happens everytime you pop a pimple. Dont worry about it man, just apply ice, then it'll reduce the swelling and it'll be gone. Of course, there will be a pigment which will last 3 weeks+ for it to fade, depending on how dark the pigmentation mark is.

Ok. I really don't mean to jump all over the natural skin treatments, but putting salt and lemon juice on an open wound is NOT A GOOD IDEA. Next time that happens, put some neosporin on it and a bandaid. Placing ice directly on your skin will destroy healthy tissue (aka frost bite / freezer burn). Putting Salt and lemon juice directly on open skin will needlessly irritate it.

Thanks for the replies. I put neosporin on it for a few days and it dried up and eventually peeled away. Its all better now. But now my own dermatologist has f*cked up my skin