Notifications
Clear all

Soft Whiteheads Around Chin Area

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 06/25/2014 12:37 pm

So I don't get major pimples very often anymore but one thing I do get a lot of are these soft whiteheads around my chin area. About every other day 1 or 2 of them will pop up on my chin in the morning and usually I would just leave them alone and let them heal, but they are so soft that the hot shower will just cause them to fall off (and if that doesn't get them they just get nicked when I shave) and leave a red mark for a few days. Would anyone know of some solutions to stop them? Probably worth mentioning that my chin area has been very dry and red lately and i am not sure if that might be exacerbating the problem. I usually use Retin-a micro every night and have not been using a moisturizer mainly because I felt like my skin was fine. I finally went and got some CeraVe cream since I heard nothing but good things about it and will be trying that to see if it helps my whitehead problem. If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate them.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 06/25/2014 12:44 pm

Don't apply anything to your mouth area. It is a very sensitive region and you might get perioral detmamtitis if you apply rough chemcials there. Just use a cetaphil moisturiser to keep it hydrated.

Usually Whiteheads in chin area means you might've been having too much sugar in your diet.