Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willbill

Just Got Prescribed 10 Mg Accutane. Few Questions

Skin:

• mild acne
  • very oily
  • sensitive

I got prescribed 10 mg accutane today by my derm. She wants me to take 10mg a day. However, what I am seeking from accutane is relief from my oily skin. I'm sure 10mg a day will do that, but I also think that the dose is enough to cause a lot of the typical accutane side effects. I'm thinking I would be better of taking the micro-dose route and just taking 10mg twice a week. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Edited by willbill

The side effects will most likely be very minimal at 10mg. How much do you weigh?

Depends on what your plan is. If your planning on taking it long term for oily skin then probably 10mg twice a week but its probably going to take a while to dry your skin out. Im not even sure if 10 mg twice a week is enough to combat that. Best bet is probably every day.

Alright thanks for your opinion. I've been doing a lot of research about long term, low dose accutane. It seems a lot of people have great success in eliminating their oily skin/mild acne with 10mg or 20mg once or twice a week. I found many people who have been on those doses for years. I am wondering how they keep getting their refills? Is it safe to say those people are ordering online without scripts?

Yeah thats the thing. I know in the US its heavily regulated and most derms dont do long term treatment. I think its more common in other countries though.