Notifications
Clear all

Support Needed: Counteracting Breakout

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/22/2014 11:48 am

Have applied vaseline on my face for the last 2 weeks.

At first, great results. Lately, huge breakout and fully clogged pores.

Bacterias have been festing in these congested ducts.

Anyone knows how to counteract the effects of vaseline?

Also need to open these milia, pustules and whiteheads.....

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/22/2014 2:42 pm

dude, nobody applies vaseline on acne-prone skin !!!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/22/2014 10:41 pm

dude, nobody applies vaseline on acne-prone skin !!!

right. I've done that mistake relying on some great reviews. my skin had been really dried up by antibiotics and special soap recommended to fight the staph.

it's also naturally dry following 3 rounds of accutane 15 years ago. Vaseline worked for a few days (never had such good skin). I'm paying the price with a full blown breakout right now.

Any idea on how I can counteract that?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2014 1:19 am

Jojoba oil worked for me this past winter when I moved to a colder climate and my skin hated it. You know how your pimples start showing more with all of the nasty discoloration when it's really cold outside? I had also made the mistake to "improve" my regimen and the new products only dried out my face and back. It was terrible, I couldn't sleep at night because my back was so itchy ;(

What helped?

Shea butter, 100% organic

It doesn't clog the pores and it felt so nice on my skin I loved it! I also used 2 other things but they don't relate to the topic.

Use Shea for the body, like back and chest, and the jojoba on the face. A little goes a long way.

I have this all natural moisturizer from Trader Joes, paraben free and all that, which I sometimes use when my skin is super dry from trying to stop the freaking oil production... But I really use just a dab of it because I do everything in my power to prevent the shiny look.

Thank god I'm finally getting on accutane after 10 years of suffering. None of the products I mentioned clog the pores and they are gentle on your skin. If I had to rate them I'd go with 1 jojoba oil (safe for face n body), 2 Shea butter (theoretically safe on both, but I've used it only on my body) and 3 the moisturizer from trader joes (because it has a small sting to it if you've just toned your face)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 06/23/2014 12:50 pm

Jojoba oil worked for me this past winter when I moved to a colder climate and my skin hated it. You know how your pimples start showing more with all of the nasty discoloration when it's really cold outside? I had also made the mistake to "improve" my regimen and the new products only dried out my face and back. It was terrible, I couldn't sleep at night because my back was so itchy ;(

What helped?

Shea butter, 100% organic

It doesn't clog the pores and it felt so nice on my skin I loved it! I also used 2 other things but they don't relate to the topic.

Use Shea for the body, like back and chest, and the jojoba on the face. A little goes a long way.

I have this all natural moisturizer from Trader Joes, paraben free and all that, which I sometimes use when my skin is super dry from trying to stop the freaking oil production... But I really use just a dab of it because I do everything in my power to prevent the shiny look.

Thank god I'm finally getting on accutane after 10 years of suffering. None of the products I mentioned clog the pores and they are gentle on your skin. If I had to rate them I'd go with 1 jojoba oil (safe for face n body), 2 Shea butter (theoretically safe on both, but I've used it only on my body) and 3 the moisturizer from trader joes (because it has a small sting to it if you've just toned your face)

Just reading it now. Have been to a beautician today and she removed all my active pustules. What a relief to have a strong and deep skin cleansing! My skin never felt so good. It does not look pretty though, because of all the marks from pimples (some I did not even know where under the skin). Will probably keep that regimen and go back bi-weekly to clean out those pores from whatever gunk is in them....

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2014 2:30 pm

i don't like going to beauticians because I think i can do their job at home on myself. I like to watch what kind of products they use and usually they're very cheap, maybe 1-2 products moderately expensive. I always feel ripped off after I've seen a beautician, so I just don't go and rely on high quality products.

Now im taking a million of supplements, hoping to maybe clear out without taking any serious medication, but so far Ive got no luck.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/14/2014 2:23 am

i don't like going to beauticians because I think i can do their job at home on myself. I like to watch what kind of products they use and usually they're very cheap, maybe 1-2 products moderately expensive. I always feel ripped off after I've seen a beautician, so I just don't go and rely on high quality products.

Now im taking a million of supplements, hoping to maybe clear out without taking any serious medication, but so far Ive got no luck.

Partially disagrees. They are able to bring hidden pimples to the surface and clear/pop them in a controlled way. That's harder to do at home 🙂

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/14/2014 8:49 am

Dermatologists are safer when one is on accutane though