Notifications
Clear all

How To Test A Product For Breakouts?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/21/2014 5:05 pm

I always try and do a spot test on my neck or forehead when I get a new product...like a cleanser or face cream, but it seems that "testing" doesn't work because some pores get clogged while others don't. For example, I'll test my jaw line...cause if I get a zit there, I can easily hide it, it will pass my 3 day test of just applying the new product in that one region...then I will use it all over my face...then WAM I have random zits on my temples and cheeks, not every pore, but some that were never there before. Stop using the product...and gone.

Even certain non-comedogenic products do this and i;m so frustrated cause my skin is so sensitive to products and I wanna make sure they are right before I ruin my face with them! Any suggestions?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/21/2014 5:52 pm

I always read if its for acne-prone skin and doesn't clog pores. If its for oily skin even better. Key words like "matte finishing look" also help.

Its better to buy from a local drug store with a friendly return policy, so if you don't like it within 30 days you can return it. Just make sure the packaging looks undamaged.

I always check this forum for reviews of fellow acne sufferers :)