Notifications
Clear all

Remedies For Hyperpigmentation? (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@glee12)

Posted : 06/16/2014 5:18 pm

So I'm 16, and I have had a lot of acne. As of now, I don't have any and I've sort of found a routine that works for me, so I think that this should help a lot with my acne. In the past few weeks that I've been using this routine, my skin definitely does look a lot better and I've gotten like one pimple compared to the 6 or 7 that I would normally get before my period.

I have no pimples currently, but I do have a lot of hyper pigmentation that looks really bad. I feel terrible because I've had acne for about 4 years now, and its just been horrible. I've tried everything I can to get rid of it, and I've finally got a way that works, but the scars make it look like I still have acne. At this point, I will do anything to get rid of this, but I really would prefer to use home remedies or buy a product from like the grocery store or something.

I have tried a couple masks and though they reduced my acne, they didn't reduce the scarring. It actually looks a little worse than in the picture, but they are pretty close. What can I do?

It's gotten to the point where I don't even go out anymore because of my acne and that just sucks, because now is when I'm supposed to be enjoying life and instead I'm trapped at home. Please, just give me any suggestions, any products, any remedies at all that worked for your skin and/or hyper pigmentation.

Thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 07/11/2014 9:55 am

Hi,

I can understand your frustration as I have suffered with hyperpigmentation for a number of years now. I always felt like I had to fight on two fronts; spots and hyperpigmentation. It is positive that your skin has cleared as the best way to prevent hyperpigmentation is to prevent spots.

I use Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash and Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser AM and PM. The face wash contains salycylic acid and the moisturiser contains salycylic and lactic acid. As far as I know, these acids help fade hyperpigmentation.

I was prescribed Epiduo as a treatment for my acne and my hyperpigmentation. I use this as prescribed, a pea-sized amount PM only. This has been the most effective product I have used.

I also exfoliate twice a week using Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Scrub. I find that exfoliation helps fade the marks too. Some people find exfoliation breaks them out so you can steam your face instead which I find also helps.

I also went through a phase where I did not want to go out. I would advise not to think too much about your skin. It will seem much worse to you than it really is if you focus too much. Keep persevering until you obtain the results you desire. You cannot let your skin stop you from living your life for life is too short.

MemberMember
(@kaleighmr3)

Posted : 07/09/2015 8:12 pm

I have the same problem, I have found a regimen that works but and stuck with those same red marks! Any remedies that have helped so far?!