Notifications
Clear all

What Bizarre Thing Caused My Acne And How I Fixed It

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 06/06/2014 11:13 am

The regimen never did it for me. I feel like the people who it does completely work for just have a bacterial infection, and once the BP gets it out of the skin, it's pretty much done. I've had acne for almost a decade, and I feel like I'm pretty well educated on it.

In my research, I found doctors saying that most acne cases are caused from food allergies. I found this strange, because usually acne problems are associated with inflammation, bacteria, and oil glands. So, i tried to see what food allergies I might have. I binged on certain things and ultimately found out I was sensitive to casein and gluten. Well, casein and gluten sensitivities are both huge symptoms of a leaky gut. So, I stopped eating those and took probiotics (things that are supposed to heal leaky guts). My acne got a lot better, but after a while there were consistently new zits and zits again. So I read up on what some common causes were for leaky guts (I earlier assumed that it was antibiotics and unhealthy eating, although I'm pretty healthy). The cause for my leaky gut and chronic inflammation was a bacterial imbalance in the stomach. Although I had been eating good and taking probiotics, bacteria had somehow kept on getting into my system. Through more research, bad oral hygiene was connected to chronic inflammation. This was because bacteria would get into my stomach and cause that imbalance. This was where those three dots connected, inflammation, gut bacteria, and oral hygiene (I admit I had horrible oral hygiene). So, I upped my oral hygiene game, and my acne went away really fast (because I had been taking probiotics, vitamins, zinc/omega 3, and enzymes) Btw, all I actually took was ground up flax seeds and vitamin code for men, those include all of those things and more.

TLDR: The bacteria from not flossing or using mouthwash causes bacterial imbalance in my stomach which caused chronic inflammation. I truly believe this is the cause for a lot of cases of acne out there besides my own, although not all.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 06/06/2014 2:48 pm

Acne is not a bacteria infection. It is mostly hormonal imbalance that causes extra oiliness that leads to acne. The bp is working by oxygenating the skin surface, and actually is covering the problem than healing it, but in that terms it works.

There are more rare cases that have acne because of allergies to food or cosmetics, but once you stop the cause, you stop acne. You seem to be a case like that. It is really weird what you noticed. Are you sure it is not coincidential?

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 06/06/2014 3:38 pm

Acne is not a bacteria infection. It is mostly hormonal imbalance that causes extra oiliness that leads to acne. The bp is working by oxygenating the skin surface, and actually is covering the problem than healing it, but in that terms it works.

There are more rare cases that have acne because of allergies to food or cosmetics, but once you stop the cause, you stop acne. You seem to be a case like that. It is really weird what you noticed. Are you sure it is not coincidential?

The actual formation of acne, usually and to my understanding, is when the bacteria meets the oil in a place without oxygen. The more hormones/oil increases the chance of acne happening, and although accutane, which closes the oil glands, stops acne well by limiting the oil glands, bacteria is definitely always involved in acne.

I agree that actual allergies to food which cause acne are rare, and I don't think I'm that at all. I guess you have to trust me on this one, but I'd definitely know if I have an allergy, as I have continued to eat gluten/casein after I got better, with no acne or stomach problems. And yeah it's something that I never would have guessed, but I know my body very well after studying it and acne for so long, and the chronic inflammation was definitely caused by my bad oral hygiene

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 06/07/2014 12:52 am

I would like to know if you see improvement. I did not take care of my teeth ideally and started to think it could be connected to chronic inflammation problems I had. Right now I am oil pulling with coconut oil for twenty minutes everyday to detoxify my mouth due to its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. There is even candida that lives in your mouth, if someone is not taking proper care of they're mouth some of that stuff could end up down in the gut and begin to proliferate on the high sugar and carb lifestyle. IDK just a thought lol.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:46 pm

When you say you "upped" your oral hygein game, what did you mean? Like, you started flossing and brushing everyday, or did you do something particularly special?