Notifications
Clear all

Worried Mom Of 14 Year On Isotretinoin 4Monthsg

MemberMember
(@riquet1)

Posted : 05/30/2014 9:57 pm

I need reassurance that the isotretinion my 14 year old is on is going to work! He is 130 pounds and take 40mgs per day. He is now going into his 4th month and his face is worse then ever. Cysts on checks jaw line back is a mess, although it seems to be healing a little but new outbreaks all the time and new cysts. I have read that other people with severe acne did not see results until 4to 5 months. Is there anyone out there who can tell me if they had this happen a d if it took this long to get better! My sin starts high school end of August and I an so worried for him

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/30/2014 10:57 pm

my younger brother was the exact same age as your son when he started accutane! He honestly didnt see results till nearing the end of treatment- that was also the same with me. I found it best to discontinue products that are very heavy on the skin- my skin was dry on the meds, but thick moisturizers only ended up breaking me out on the meds. So by just using the bare minimun (cerave hydrating cleanser) and drinking a lot of water, i got through the meds.

I was on the meds for 7 months, and result were only seen three quarters in.

Make sure he is drinking water! Your body in so dry not only externally but internally as well.

MemberMember
(@riquet1)

Posted : 06/02/2014 12:21 pm

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it and it made it getting through this weekend easier. I thought I would start seeing some improvement now since it is going into his 4th month but it only seems like it is getting worse. I wake up ever day hoping to see even a little bit if improvement. But nothing. So knowing that your brother did not see any improvement until 5 or 6 months in gives me hope. I wonder if your brother got worse during his treatment like my son is. I sometimes get so afraid this is not going to work. It's ridiculous how long it takes to start working.