Notifications
Clear all

What Kind Of Acne Do I Have, And How Can I Clear It Up?

MemberMember
(@matrixgravity)

Posted : 05/28/2014 1:35 pm

Picture from today:

Can somebody help me identify what type of acne I have, and how I can get my skin cleared up at this point? I also notice I have some scarring and I have no idea how to treat that either. Please help, thanks.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:15 pm

It looks to be mild with the red marks making it look worse than it actually is. If you haven't already, try diet changes. If it works for you it will save money and the aggravation that is the topical acne hamster wheel.

Try going paleo for 2-3 months

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@matrixgravity)

Posted : 05/28/2014 8:05 pm

It looks to be mild with the red marks making it look worse than it actually is. If you haven't already, try diet changes. If it works for you it will save money and the aggravation that is the topical acne hamster wheel.

Try going paleo for 2-3 months

Good Luck

Thanks. Will changing my diet actually help clear up the redness and the scars? I don't think a diet change could be that effective, can it?

MemberMember
(@merrittbarrow)

Posted : 05/29/2014 2:55 am

Drinking water is the best thing to do for scarring and redness. When I asked my dermatologist how to clear up the red marks I have, she said the only thing that is truly helpful is time. Bummer.

MemberMember
(@jenbecht)

Posted : 05/29/2014 1:41 pm

You have moderate acne breakouts. I will definitely lower your sugar intake. Sugar spikes up your insulin, and insulin is responsible for hormonal changes in your body. As a result, you get oily skin, clog pores, black heads, white heads and acne.

Stay away from the follow foods:

Soda

Greasy foods

Pizza

Ice cream

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/29/2014 7:55 pm

I agree with the poster that stated time will help red marks. They key at this point is to stop breaking out so that your skin can actually heal