Notifications
Clear all

Smoking And Scars ?

MemberMember
(@zippygent)

Posted : 05/19/2014 8:50 am

Hey guys I'm just curious what's your take on the topic between smoking and its effects on your skin. I don't smoke cigarettes but i like my weed. I smoke like 4-5 times a week and I'm 19 do you guys think this can prevent my skin from healing i have clogged pores and some minor ice pick scarring. I heard that smoking anything that can clog pores if thats the real truth then ima have to try my best to stop because my skin is more important than getting high, but getting high helps me reduce all the stress that can also contribute to breakouts and worse skin.

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 05/19/2014 11:39 pm

I would advise you to stop smoking everything, including weed unfortunately. The smoke itself not only clogs pores, but internally the act of smoking reduces immune system efficiency and circulation, so oxygen cannot reach the skin as well and healing capacity is reduced. The act of smoking also introduces toxins in the body, which can often try to leave via the skin, especially if the other elimation systems (ie lungs, disgestive system) are not working optimally. Increased lung capacity due to quitting smoking will enable your body to elimiate toxins more efficiently.

But baking with it is quite simple and can result in some stress relief =) Try to find a wide variety of stress reducing activities too. Stress reduction is vitally important I find, in the acne puzzle.

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 05/20/2014 5:44 am

I am not a smoking guy, but I have pitted scars. In my college, I see a lot of guys smoke every day, once for few hours so it means they smoke more than one a day but I don't see they got scars, they have a perfect skin all over their body.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/20/2014 4:41 pm

If it worries you that much then just purchase a vaporizer and avoid all the smoke and carcinogens.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 05/20/2014 6:05 pm

i heard weed also affects your hormones