Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chenners93

Tattoo Before Starting Accutane

Hi guys. I'm planning on getting a tattoo in 2 weeks time. I wish to know how long after getting a tattoo can I start taking Accutane?

I already have my prescription and I'll be on 40mg a day however I haven't got the tablets yet. I plan to start taking them at the end of June (4 weeks after the tattoo).

Is a month long enough for the tattoo to heal completely so that I can start taking the Accutane and for it not not affect the tattoo?

Hmm...probably. Accutane increases the effects of the sun on your skin, so you will want to keep the tattoo covered / use very high SPF to avoid having it fade.

Hmm...probably. Accutane increases the effects of the sun on your skin, so you will want to keep the tattoo covered / use very high SPF to avoid having it fade.

Thanks for the reply.

Would you suggest waiting 6 weeks rather than a month after getting the tatt to start the accutane or will that extra two weeks not make much difference?