Notifications
Clear all

Just Did First Tca Cross

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 05/12/2014 3:19 pm

Just had my first TCA cross done on three scars on my left cheek around three hours ago! The scars all frosted over and the surrounding areas became red (wasn't expecting that) and stayed red for a little while. The acid stung a little.

BUT they are currently not red at all, which is unexpected as well. It was performed by Dr. Billick's technician at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal (I found out about her from the thread on a user's TCA cross in Montreal). She said it wasn't necessary to apply anything, although I could use polysporin.

Furthermore, she told me I could wear makeup over it tomorrow for work. I was skeptical, but now I see my skin looks exactly the same, so maybe she's right? I guess I'll see my condition before I go in to work tomorrow.

The only thing I am doing in addition is taking some vitamin C. I will document on my experiences to the best of my abilities in case someone is looking into TCA cross. I might go back and have a couple more scars crossed if things look good in a week's time.

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 05/14/2014 10:19 am

Confusingly enough, my skin looks exactly the same as it did pre-procedure. No redness, scabbing, etc. and this is day 3. All scars frosted, stung, and the skin surrounding them turned bright red, so I know the 100 percent TCA did something. Very strange but I am kind of happy there is no down time

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 05/15/2014 12:24 am

Are you sure she used 100% TCA? Never heard of anyone not having crusts and then scabs following TCA Cross unless a low percentage TCA was used. My Cross scabs lasted about two weeks. When I have done 15-20% TCA peels, my skin still frosted, like when I had my scars crossed with 90% TCA, but the recovery was very different with Cross. I know another member used to see the same lady and his recovery was amazingly fast too. If you read his thread, you might notice that people who have had Cross done elsewhere don't recover that fast. That member actually told us, we were not using the right topicals but I am now wondering if his technician used real medical grade 100% TCA. 100% TCA is strong. It should cause a burn and scab/crust.

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 05/16/2014 11:38 am

Are you sure she used 100% TCA? Never heard of anyone not having crusts and then scabs following TCA Cross unless a low percentage TCA was used. My Cross scabs lasted about two weeks. When I have done 15-20% TCA peels, my skin still frosted, like when I had my scars crossed with 90% TCA, but the recovery was very different with Cross. I know another member used to see the same lady and his recovery was amazingly fast too. If you read his thread, you might notice that people who have had Cross done elsewhere don't recover that fast. That member actually told us, we were not using the right topicals but I am now wondering if his technician used real medical grade 100% TCA. 100% TCA is strong. It should cause a burn and scab/crust.

My cross was performed by the technician of a dermatologist and she's performed many crosses. Another poster, Caked Crusader, I believe, documented his results with her. She told me she was using 100 percent TCA, yet it's been 4 days and not a scab, no redness after the initial redness subsided.

She told me not everyone scabs over but I was expecting at least something. I'll wait the seven weeks until my next cross and see if I get any results!