Notifications
Clear all

Ladies On Accutane

MemberMember
(@tinapandya96)

Posted : 05/06/2014 8:22 pm

Hey girls so this is my first post and I'm so scared. I just started my second month on accutane but did not go see my doctor because he lives an hour away from me and the pharmacy just gave me a new prescription. My two forms of birth control are abstinence and male condoms because my body does not respond well to BC pills. Even tho I wasn't supposed to I had sex about 1 month ago (used a condom + pull out and checked the condom for any holes or anything). This month I either missed my period or it is just late. I'm not too sure how late it is as I don't have a specific date as to when I get my period but I always get at the end of every month. There's a very high chance that I'm NOT pregnant but I'm still gonna wait 2-3 weeks before I take a test. Has anyone else experienced a late/missed period while on accutane? Could it be my body just getting used to the accutane?

Thanks xx

MemberMember
(@jennns)

Posted : 05/06/2014 9:13 pm

Hey!

I think that you are either late because you are stressed out or it also could be due to the medication. If you are using two methods you should be fine! Don't worry too much about it. Do you have to take a monthly blood test and pregnancy test?

Also, you should look into different forms of birth control other than the pill such as the Mirena, the injection, sponge, Diaphragm and so much more. It is super important not to get pregnant while on Accutane due the effects it could have on the baby.

I am too on my second month of Accutane.

MemberMember
(@tinapandya96)

Posted : 05/06/2014 10:02 pm

Hey!

I think that you are either late because you are stressed out or it also could be due to the medication. If you are using two methods you should be fine! Don't worry too much about it. Do you have to take a monthly blood test and pregnancy test?

Also, you should look into different forms of birth control other than the pill such as the Mirena, the injection, sponge, Diaphragm and so much more. It is super important not to get pregnant while on Accutane due the effects it could have on the baby.

I am too on my second month of Accutane.

Hey, my doctor told me I should come in monthly for the tests but it's kinda hard for me cause I live an hour away from him. It's hard to switch doctors now cause none of the doctors in our area accept new patients (I live in a really small town) and my current doctor has been my family doctor for about 40 years now lol! He told me I should really really avoid getting pregnant right now and I have except for the fact that I had sex 1 month ago. I'm not experiencing ANY symptoms at all (no cramps or anything) which is why I'm kinda believing I'm not pregnant. Yea I'll definitely talk to my doctor about the different types of BC available! Thanks so much!!!

MemberMember
(@onyxbeauty1988)

Posted : 05/08/2014 5:07 am

How do you get the script filled with out doing all the tests each month and ipledge? They have early response pregnancy test that you can take sooner. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@tinapandya96)

Posted : 05/08/2014 2:43 pm

How do you get the script filled with out doing all the tests each month and ipledge? They have early response pregnancy test that you can take sooner. Good luck.

I live in Canada and we don't have iPlegde